JOB TITLE: Gynaecologist
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Today, MSF movement is built around 5 Operational Centers (OCs) supported by 21 sections and 24 associations, bound together as MSF International, based in Switzerland.
Each year more than 3,000 international staff join 29,000 locally hired staff to provide medical aid in countries around the world. MSF guarantees staff a dynamic and intense work environment alongside people who believe in helping those in need.
MSF recruits medical and non-medical staff to work in projects. All of these people bring professional abilities, practical experience, as well as a commitment to and concern for the people they help.
Implements gynaecological and obstetrician procedures, performing any other prior treatment required, during or immediately after a woman has given birth in order to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy, delivery and neonatology risks. This will be done in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors and midwife services
- Provides health care related to gynaecology and obstetrics to patients, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Ensures the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynaecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive practices.
- In collaboration with other medical colleagues, carries out the collection of quantitative gynaecological data and ensures exhaustive use of management tools in order to improve gynaecological results and to share knowledge among other field specialists.
- Plans and supervises the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the gynaecological staff in order to ensure both an efficient sizing and the amount of knowledge required, to improve people’s capabilities and their active participation in influencing the targeted population using preventive practices. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department.
- Supervises the maintenance and running of the gynaecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and available. This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist and logistic staff.
- Essential, Gynaecology specialist diploma. Essential two years of experience as anaesthetist after graduation
- Experience with other NGOs and in developing countries is desirable
- English and French are essential
- People Management
To apply directly, visit: