Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Today, MSF movement is built around 5 Operational Centers (OCs) supported by 21 sections and 24 associations, bound together as MSF International, based in Switzerland.
Each year more than 3,000 international staff join 29,000 locally hired staff to provide medical aid in countries around the world. MSF guarantees staff a dynamic and intense work environment alongside people who believe in helping those in need.
MSF recruits medical and non-medical staff to work in projects. All of these people bring professional abilities, practical experience, as well as a commitment to and concern for the people they help.
Ensures the proper functioning of the medical activities under his/her responsibility, defining and implementing MSF policies, protocols and procedures, and guaranteeing the quality of healthcare in order to improve health conditions of the target population.
- Coordinates, assesses and supervises the proper functioning of the medical activities (HIV, TB, & STIs, SGBV, etc.), according to MSF protocols and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Checks all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers…) are correctly carried out according to MSF
- Prepares the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifies non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.), reporting them to the line manager.
- Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff of the activity in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, and to improve people capabilities.
- Coordinates and monitors the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves …). Replaces a doctor if necessary and participates in shifts.
- Ensures an efficient pharmacy and medical equipment management and monitor the rational use of them.
- Participates in the programs / project follow-up, supervise and ensure that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved and report to the technical referent any problem arising in the service.
- Participates in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.) and definition of annual planning, budget for the project
- Essential Medical Doctor diploma.
- Essential two years of experience as medical doctor after graduation
- Desirable specialization or training in tropical medicine or public health.
- Experience with other NGOs and in developing countries is desirable
- English and French are essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- People Management
To apply directly, visit: