JOB TITLE: Nursing Activity Manager
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Today, MSF movement is built around 5 Operational Centers (OCs) supported by 21 sections and 24 associations, bound together as MSF International, based in Switzerland.
Each year more than 3,000 international staff join 29,000 locally hired staff to provide medical aid in countries around the world. MSF guarantees staff a dynamic and intense work environment alongside people who believe in helping those in need.
MSF recruits medical and non-medical staff to work in projects. All of these people bring professional abilities, practical experience, as well as a commitment to and concern for the people they help.
Defines, organizes, implements and follows-up all care and nursing related activities in the project, ensuring the daily management of the human resources as well as the implementation of the MSF nursing protocols, in order to warrant efficiency, quality and continuity of prescribed care.
- Coordinates, assesses and supervises the proper functioning of the medical activities (HIV, TB, & STIs, SGBV, etc.), according to MSF protocols and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Checks all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers…) are correctly carried out according to MSF
- Prepares the medical orders needed to implement the medical activitie(s) under his/her responsibility, and identifies non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.), reporting them to the line manager.
- Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff of the activity in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, and to improve people capabilities.
- Coordinates and monitors the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves …). Replaces a doctor if necessary and participates in shifts.
- Ensures an efficient pharmacy and medical equipment management and monitors the rational use of them.
- Participates in the programs / project follow-up, supervises and ensures that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved and reports to the technical referent any problem arising in the service.
- Participates in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.) and definition of annual planning, budget for the project
- Essential nursing diploma for general or specialized health services; specialization or training in tropical medicine would be an asset.
- Essential two years of experience as nurse after graduation
- Experience with other NGOs and in developing countries is desirable
- English and French are essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- People Management
To apply directly, visit: