Consultancy : Corporate Partnerships Consultant, 11.5 months, Tokyo, Japan
Job from UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 25 Jan 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Assignment
UNICEF’s private sector partnerships play a key role in mobilizing the resources, expertise, and technology necessary to achieve our mission of helping children everywhere survive and thrive. The UNICEF Private Fundraising & Partnerships (PFP) Corporate team, based in Geneva, works with UNICEF teams worldwide to optimize the corporate sector’s role in this mission, by building corporate partnerships that generate sustained value for partners and realize the best possible results for children.
As the UNICEF Corporate Partnerships Specialist (Tokyo), you will help Japan-based corporations, and select global businesses based in Asia, take leading roles in advancing children’s rights globally. You will work closely with the Japan Committee for UNICEF (JCU) and PFP Geneva to build the relationships, value propositions, and partnership structures necessary for ambitious, long-term partnerships with global impact.
The Corporate Partnerships Specialist will be passionate about connecting the resources and capabilities of top Japanese corporations to the needs of children, enjoy the challenge of creating value for corporate partners and their key stakeholders, and persistent in ensuring UNICEF realizes the full potential of our partnerships.
- Create world-leading partnerships for UNICEF with Japan-HQed companies, focusing on multi-year, multi-million US$ partnerships.
- Lead the new business process from prospect identification, to securing first meetings through to contract signature for assigned prospects.
- Develop winning value propositions in coordination with JCU and UNICEF programme and communication teams.
- Cultivate networks with and through JCU staff and Board Members, as well as UNICEF globally, to reach and influence senior business leaders.
- Elevate UNICEF’s profile among leading Japanese corporations as a partner of choice to drive social and business impact globally.
- Secure partners for humanitarian emergencies working alongside JCU.
Deliverables include driving, together with the guidance of JCU and PFP the new business pipeline with specific income targets and pipeline KPIs for consultancy period.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Five or more years’ experience in roles involving securing commercial deals ideally at a value of US$1million+, or equivalent corporate fundraising experience.
- Advanced university degree in Business Management, Communications, Marketing, Social Sciences, Fundraising or related field; or a first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English, and fluent verbal communication skills in Japanese.
- Proven experience of identifying, developing and securing a new business pipeline, including successfully securing new corporate partnerships at a US$1m per year and above funding value.
- Experience working in Japanese corporate marketing, sales, or CSR functions.
- Experience of working within corporate fundraising in an international organisation.
- Experience of directly pitching to, and influencing, senior decision makers at international companies.
- Familiarity with the Korea corporate and non-profit context.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
UNICEF Core Values
- Diversity and Inclusion
UNICEF Core Competencies
- Sets self increasingly demanding goals and targets, and then challenges self to exceed them, persevering through all obstacles and difficulties (Drive for Results LIII)
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking (Communication LIII)
- Ensures that the contribution of others is recognized through formal reward processes and also gestures of informal recognition (Working with People LII)
UNICEF Functional Competencies
- Negotiates effectively with people inside and outside the organization by adopting a range of approaches (Persuading and Influencing LIII)
- Translates strategic direction into plans and objectives (Formulating Strategies and Concepts LII)
- Analyzes and integrates potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from a number of sources (Analysing LII)
- Maintains and extends an effective network of individuals across organizational departments (Relating and Networking LII)
- Seeks and proposes opportunities for advancing UNICEF’s mission (Entrepreneurial Thinking LII)
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Qualified candidates are requested to upload a cover letter and CV.Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=502277