Position: Social Worker
Organisation: MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES (MSF)
Project: MSF Europe Migrations
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3-month contract (with possibility of indefinite extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organisation that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centres (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide.
MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
Carry out all social-related activities, in order to ease the patient’s situation, to maximize his/her adherence to treatment and to improve his/her psychosocial condition.
Main Responsibilities of the Position
- Identify social needs of beneficiaries through a social assessment; respond to their social needs in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
- Case management for beneficiaries and follow up of the evolution of their condition when needed.
- Make referrals to other actors where necessary (state or other NGOs).
- Conduct mental health outreach and identify vulnerabilities.
- Map and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
- Keep records, statistic and files updated in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects.
- Advocacy on behalf of MSF beneficiaries to support their access to medical and legal support.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers. Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipment in order to ensure continuity.
- Degree in social work & licence to practice is essential
- Two years minimum in a similar social job; experience with MSF or other NGOs, desirable
- Experience working with Cultural Mediators/Interpreters.
- Essential, Greek and English; French will be a plus.
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service.
All MSF staff receives an employment contract, remuneration, social and health insurance.
To apply, please send your CV and a motivation letter in English, quoting reference code «Social Worker Samos» in the subject line of the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 23.07.2017
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.