Job no: 506618
Position type: Consultancy
School/Unit: Geneva, SWITZERLAND
Department/Office: Private Fund Raising and Partnerships
Categories: Private Fundraising and Partnerships
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Assignment
Under the supervision of the Chief of HR, this role will provide strategic human resources support for the implementation of the 2018-21 Office Management Plan (OMP) for the Private Fundraising Partnerships (PFP) Division of UNICEF, based in Geneva. The OMP has been designed to support ambitious growth in fundraising targets and will result in significant number of recruitments and changes in staffing increase starting in Q1 2018 with the bulk of recruitment activity taking place in Q3 & Q4 2017. This will likely be an off- site consultancy, i.e. will not be required to sit in PFP Geneva.
While the incumbent will be expected to support in all areas related to human resources, the main focus during this period will be on large scale recruitment. The incumbent will provide professional support to HR activities in all areas of recruitment for all categories of staff by implementing and administering effective and expedient recruitment in compliance with UNICEF Rules and Regulations.
Team up with supervisors in the recruitment process to ensure integrity and merit in all selection procedures while supporting the needs of managers. Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the selection and placement of staff with due consideration to principles of gender and geographic distribution.
Under the umbrella of the OMP HR Project led by the HR Project Lead, the incumbent will provide guidance and professional support in the recruitment process for IP & General Service category posts within Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) i.e.:
• Provide support in the recruitment and placement of IP/GS staff in the assigned functional areas in the achievement of UNICEF’s business strategy.
• Work closely with the client Sections to understand staffing needs and respond accordingly.
• In coordination with Hiring Managers and PFP HR, Division of Human Resources (DHR) and the Global Shared Service Center (GSSC) in Budapest, establish vacancy announcements in the e-recruitment system, as well as other identified outreach channels.
• Provide support to Hiring Managers in implementation of the Talent Management System (TMS) during recruitment processes.
• Conduct short-listing of candidates so as to provide hiring managers with desired number/quality of suitable candidates to assess.
• Coordinate administration of technical assessments when applicable.
• Coordinate and participate in interviews, representing HR in the selection panel when required.
• Contribute to the evaluation of internal and external candidates by advising interview panel members on propriate interview techniques and questions.
• Prepare relevant reports i.e. Selection Reports and submit these through the approval processes in TMS to GSSC.
• Coordinate/conduct reference checks.
• Coordinate Central Review Body (CRB) review, where necessary.
• Coordinate the offer and regret letters.
• Ensure proper tracking mechanisms for all recruitment are in place.
• Maintain the talent pool of candidates, and ensure that relevant candidates are added to the functiona Talent Groups if approved.
• Any other relevant tasks as requested by Chief of HR.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Advanced university degree or equivalent backgrounds in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or related areas, is required. A first university degree with an additional 2 years of relevant professional work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional work experience.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language would be an asset.
- Applicants must have prior experience/expertise in UNICEFs Talent Management System (TMS) as no training will be provided on TMS since this is a remote consultancy.
- Compensation & Benefits.
- Organization culture, change management,
- UNICEF financial rules and regulations, budget policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions.
- Staff Relations.
- UNICEF Recruitment/Selection/Placement.
- Knowledge of principles of gender parity and equality.
As this is expected to be a remote consultancy, candidates must have their own office equipment (i.e. pc, internet access, printer, phone/slype etc.) in order to carry out the assigned tasks and be able to effectively communicate with PFP HR and client hiring managers in PFP Geneva from their home base. There may be a request(s) to visit PFP Geneva for meetings with team/clients – and consultant should be prepared to meet this request if made.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
To view the competency framework, please click here.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and CV. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Application close: W. Europe Daylight Time