JOB from Danish Red Cross
Closing date: 11 Sep 2017
The IFRC Reference Centre for Psychosocial Support is looking for a Technical Advisor
Job title: Technical Advisor (re-advertised)
Unit/Department: The IFRC Reference Centre for Psychosocial Support, Copenhagen, Denmark
Starting date: 1 October 2017
Ending date: 31 July 2019
Arabic is no longer a requirement for the position. Candidates who have applied earlier for the position need NOT to apply again.
The Psychosocial Centre
The IFRC Reference Centre for Psychosocial Support (PS Centre) is part of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. The PS Centre assists National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies around the world with capacity building of psychosocial support in areas which have been affected by natural and health disasters and in areas with armed conflict. The PS Centre does not work directly with the affected population but rather assists the National Societies by training staff and volunteers.
The PS Centre aims to improve psychosocial well-being through operational assistance, capacity development of National Societies, competence development of staff and volunteers, knowledge generation and knowledge sharing, and communication and advocacy.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of PS Centre, the Technical Adviser is to strengthen technical support to National Societies, the Regional Offices and the IFRC Secretariat. The Technical Advisor will:
- Co-operate with partners to develop training materials and tools adapted for local contexts with a special focus on MENA region and successfully implement workshops and capacity building initiatives
- Focus on capacity building of and with Yemeni Red Crescent National Society with regular travels and stays in the region.
- Develop and adapt tools, primarily Caring for volunteers and Life skills for the local context of Yemen Red Crescent Society.
- Plan and carry out regional and global trainings and facilitate capacity building activities
- Provide technical assistance and act as a knowledge broker in the areas of programme design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation in the field of psychosocial support.
- Carry out assessments of RC volunteers and beneficiaries’ psychosocial needs, produce questionnaires and contribute to monitoring and evaluations in regard to crisis management and community-based psychosocial support.
- Deploy at short notice for brief missions in emergencies
- Provide input to funding opportunities identified by colleagues and undertake resource mobilizing activities
- Ad hoc tasks as specified by the Head of the Centre.
- Relevant educational background in preferably mental health, psychology, anthropology disaster management, health in emergencies or social sciences.
- Minimum 5 (five) years of relevant work experience
- Practical field experience in crisis management, disaster or development contexts
- Practical experience in training and/or facilitation of groups
- Experience in programme design, implementation and M&E for psychosocial support
- Experience in conducting field-based baseline assessments
- Experience in international networking and knowledge management
- Work experience with Red Cross and Crescent Movement, other international organisations, large NGOs and/or governmental development agencies
- Demonstrated technical expertise in mental health and psychosocial support and psychosocial crisis management and support in different international humanitarian contexts, disaster management, recovery, public health and social welfare
- Well-developed text writing skills and demonstrated skills in developing training curriculums and manuals that are adapted to local contexts and target audiences.
- Strong participatory training and/or facilitation skills
- Extensive knowledge of monitoring and evaluations systems and approaches for psychosocial support
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively, including the ability to advocate for and explain difficult psychosocial issues
- Advanced knowledge of written English is required; knowledge of spoken Arabic and an additional official Federation language is advantageous.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office package.
- Able to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good team-worker
- Strong writing abilities and analytical skills
- Organized and structured regarding working tasks
- Able to meet deadlines and prioritize work load
- Proactive and have the desire to learn and build professional expertise
- Able to focus on results and long-term aims
- Able to work both independently and in teams
- Stand for and work in accordance with the Red Cross Red Crescent principles.
- Willing and able to take on regular travels
Danish Red Cross is the legal employer and duty station will be Copenhagen. The assignment is to commence as soon as possible.
Salary level and benefits will be in accordance with the Danish Red Cross’ Staff Agreement with AC/HK. The position is classified between DKK 38.900 and 43.200 plus 1700 special allowance for more than 10 years of academic experience per month incl. pension, and per qualifications and experience.
Further information please contact:
Martin Rosenkilde Pedersen email@example.com (Senior Partnership Manager)
Deadline for submission of application: As soon as possible and no later than Wednesday 11 September
Personal interviews with shortlisted candidates will be conducted as we receive their applications. Kindly send in your application as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY:
https://drk.easycruit.com/vacancy/application/1903639/98569?iso=gb Klick on send application at the bottom of the page in the link: