Job from Médecins Sans Frontières
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017
In 2013 OCB launched a new and uniform evaluation process and tool for its entire staff population: HQ, expatriates and national staff (approx. 10.000 staff).
3 years into its implementation, MSF launched in January 2017 an evaluation of this ‘new’ evaluation process in order to assess its relevance, effectiveness and impact. This evaluation has resulted in a report with, amongst others, recommendations on how the policy and process could be adapted/changed in order to bring it closer to the objective of improving performance and development of our staff.
MSF would like to recruit a Project Manager Performance Management to help translate these recommendations into concrete proposals for a new system, so it becomes a truly Performance Management System which will be fully embedded in the – currently being developed – Staff Development Framework.
In this position he/she will work closely with all HR- and Operational actors related to HR Development: HROs, Development Advisors, Development Advice Referent, HQ Staff Development, HR Development Referent national staff, and Project Manager for the Personal Learning & Development Environment (“MyWay” under development).
The PM Performance Management will also be part of the Development Platform which brings together all these HR Development related actors at HQ, and has as objective to define and implement the global HR Development Vision, and to ensure coherency between the different development initiatives within the organisation.
The main areas of responsibility of the PM Performance Management System are
- Look into other evaluation systems within MSF (other OC’s, partner sections) to get inspiration into best practices.
- Taking the Evaluation of the Evaluation System as a starting point, analyse what would be the main changes to implement to address the actual shortcomings
- Ensure that the newly proposed changes/adaptation fit seamlessly into the HR Development Framework, and is coherent with other development tools/processes such as the Personal Development Plan, Talent Identification, Mobility, etc
- Ensure that the new proposed changes/adaptation are translated into functionalities for the Personal Learning & Development Environment – MyWay
- Propose a roll-out & change management plan for the new process
- Preference for a university degree in HR or Management
- Experience in the development of Performance Management Systems
- Experience in HR management in an international and complex context
- Strong strategic vision
- Strong communication skills, together with capacities for analysis and synthesis
- Team player and cross functional attitude
- Very good aptitude for listening and dialogue
- Fluent both in French and in English
- MSF experience is an asset
- Fixed-term 1 year contract – full time – Based in Brussels (Ixelles)
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension plan – Canteen – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Starting date : immediate
How to apply:
CV + cover letter to be sent before 10th September 2017 to Muriel Moussiaux, 46, rue de l’Arbre Bénit 1050 Brussels or to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “PMPM” in the title