ORGANISATION/COMPANY > University of Birmingham
RESEARCH FIELD > Sociology
RESEARCHER PROFILE > Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE > 11/09/2017 00:00 – UTC
LOCATION > United Kingdom
TYPE OF CONTRACT > Permanent
JOB STATUS > Part-time
The Research Assistant will be expected to work closely with Dr Nando Sigona (PI) on the project ‘EU families and Eurochildren in Brexiting Britain’, contributing to the daily management of the project, data collection and analysis and outreach activities.
- Masters degree or equivalent qualification in sociology, human geography, migration studies, anthropology, social policy or cognate discipline.
- High level analytical capability
- Ability to write and edit documents in English with a high degree of accuracy and precision
- Research experience of conducting research on migration
- Research experience of conducting qualitative research, including in-depth interviews and focus groups.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work and research deliverables within a project timetable
- Availability to travel in the UK to carry out fieldwork
- Knowledge and experience of using Nvivo software.
- Fluency in one or more EU languages
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly to varied audiences.
- Proven experience in carrying out research with EU migrants.
- Expertise with drafting outputs for non-academic audiences
Further Details / Applications via > https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/242024