Call for CVs GR 17/36 Social Workers (Safe Zones)
Position Title : Social Workers (Safe Zones)
Duty Station : Various locations along Greece (Kavala, Drama, Serres, Ritsona)
Classification : Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment : Special short term contract with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 21st August, 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non – governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
Reporting directly to the Project Coordinator the incumbent will have to provide general counselling and support to unaccompanied minors within the safe zone; he/she will be assigned to and support the immediate referral of children in need.
He/she will work closely with the project coordinator in line with the project.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Identifies vulnerable cases among children, unaccompanied and separated minors.
- Maps existing provisions in both the national system and the humanitarian system that are available and accessible to the residents of the safe zones.
- Assists children with all the necessary information in order to access relevant specialized care and/or administrative services. Prepares documentation; leaflets and outreach messaging in collaboration with interpreters.
- Coordinates with relevant authorities and civil society organizations and refers cases for further support.
- Follows up in a case-management, on the referral of the identified individuals.
- Provides ongoing general counselling to the concerned minors.
- In collaboration with the project coordinator activates existing community support systems for supporting the case.
- Assists in coordinating the provision of care to all minors in line with IOM and national and international standards.
- Ensures the confidentiality of personal information.
- Coordinates with the appropriate IOM Teams.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned.
- Undertakes duty travels as requested.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Social Work preferably a bachelor degree or higher level from an accredited institution
- At least 2 years’ experience in social work; working with children will be considered as an asset.
- Membership of the Association of Greek Social Workers would be an advantage;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Good level of computer literacy;
- Ability to work under difficult conditions.
Fluency in English and Greek is required.
- Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Creativity and Initiative – proactively develops new ways to solve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Professionalism – Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to the relevant cultural contexts
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Technological Awareness – proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Effectively applies knowledge of health issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work
- Previous experience and/or knowledge on human trafficking and smuggling and child protection is an advantage
- Previous working experience with children is an advantage
- Background working with refugees or migrants will be a distinct advantage
1. The position is subject to funding confirmation.
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org email address, quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 17/36 by 21st August, 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 07.08.2017 to 21.08.2017