JOB from Second Tree
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Second Tree (www.secondtree.org) is a Greek non-profit and non-governmental organization based in Ioannina, Epirus. Second Tree was founded in January 2017 by a group of volunteers that had worked together for one year in the Katsikas refugee camp. Since our inception we have supported communities of refugees across the Epirus region and we continue to grow in our four key areas of work.
- Twinning Projects – pairing local Greek families with refugees to explore and enjoy their local community; fostering a sense of cohesion and unity.
- English Classes for teenagers and adults – providing three levels of classes on sites and in community centres.
- Scouts – encouraging teamwork and community among young people in the region through excursions and activities.
- Dentistry – enabling access to dental treatment.
Second Tree is recruiting for a Fundraising Manager to increase our funding for each of these areas of work and to help us grow to meet the needs of the community. Hardworking and well organised, the ideal candidate will be comfortable writing bids for new grants, accessing new potential streams of funding and reporting to major donors already engaged with Second Tree. Fluency in both Greek and English will be preferred and the capacity to create and promote fundraising campaigns online is a strong advantage.
Please note that this is a permanent appointment (pending the completion of a two month probationary period)
The post-holder will be responsible for:
· Finding and writing grants – internationally
· Income generation – online giving, donor management, campaigns and marketing
· Community engagement – support with maintenance of an online community
· Record keeping and financial reporting
· Donor reporting
· Creation of budgets for new projects in support of project managers
· Meeting income targets in line with the growth of the charity.
· Support of the general aims of the charity.
· Grant writing skills (ideally with NGOs and government donors)
· Fluency in written and spoken Greek and English
· Knowledge of major donors and ability to engage them
· Organisation and ability to adapt to changing demands
· Able to meet deadlines and manage own workload
· Able to create and promote online fundraising campaigns
· Knowledge of relevant software
· Knowledge of reporting (financial and project) to all stakeholders
· Presentation skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply or send enquiries to Giovanni Fontana at email@example.com.
Applications should include a current CV and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role / match the skillset above.