Closing date: 31 Jan 2018
Refugee Trauma Initiative (RTI) has been working in Greece since March 2016 to reduce the trauma and enhance the wellbeing of refugees by offering psychosocial support to individuals and families living in refugee camps, and training and supporting volunteers working there. We possess in-depth knowledge of the refugee communities and crisis across Greece. We work towards building resilience and enabling successful transition and ultimate integration into new communities. RTI delivers these aims in partnership with Ethos association.
About the job:
ECD Psychologist will ensure a holistic support to the ECD program, with follow up and coordination of activities both internally (social, medical, interpretation team) and with partners and external services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for early childhood development and adaptation process of children attending ECD programs and for resolving traumatic events experienced both in the country of origin as well as during the migration process.
- Assess, support and accompanies individual children in their personalised development plan.
- Supports young children during stages of transition and in holistic development.
- Identifies and refers cases based on specific needs to other public institution and psychosocial services.
- According to the identified/expressed needs, develop and deliver psycho-social accompaniment group activities in coordination with the Social Scientists, Care takers and Psychologist
- Elaborates psychological reports and develops monitoring and evaluation for the ECD program
- Develops adapted educational materials and curriculum of activities according to the ECD program requirements
- Facilitates trainings and capacity building workshops to partners and local institutions
- Completes assessments, evaluations, development of care plans and recommendations, reviews, and other documentation as necessary
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Program Director
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Works closely with hosted individuals, Ethos Psychologists, Social Workers, Partners and social services
- The qualified candidate must be a licenced psychologist with expertise in early childhood development and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in setting up and implementing ECD programs at national levels.
- Must hold extensive knowledge of psychotherapeutic approaches in the humanitarian context and in depth understanding of emotional development and the consequences of violence and displacement.
- Personal qualities: Very strong interpersonal skills, team player, flexible, network-builder, excellent time-management skills, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
- Fluency in English (desired: Greek, Urdu, Farsi, Arabic).
40 hours/week between office, urban community centres and child care facilities. As a principled organisation, RTI employs highly qualified and experienced professionals who possess the common language and cultural awareness necessary to build meaningful impact on a foundation of trust and understanding. We are committed to attracting talented, skilled, and productive people by offering a hospitable, challenging, and supportive work environment.
|HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your application to email@example.com quoting the Application Job Title.
All applications should be accompanied by a cover letter and a CV with telephone and email contacts.