Closing date: 20 Jan 2018
The Unmentionables is seeking an experienced volunteer Sexual Health Educator based in Athens, Greece to implement educational programs consistent with the policies of the agency and the priorities of the department. This position is required to implement all educational programs for all audiences, including individuals with varying language skills, developmental disabilities and diverse learning capabilities. Educators are expected to both deliver education programs and implement the Train the Trainer program with interested leaders in the forcibly displaced community. This position reports to the Education Coordinator, Greece.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes and experience:
- Ability to develop and implement educational programs for students, parent groups, community and other groups as assigned.
- Ability to effectively develop and deliver professional training programs to healthcare, education and youth-serving professionals.
- Experience conducting outreach activities, including but not limited to participating in health fairs and informing community members about sexual health and agency services.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Keeps current in the field of sexuality education.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Travels throughout the service area as required to cover community education programs and attend department meetings.
- Demonstrate the willingness to attend meetings and positively represent the agency at community meetings and events.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to workplace values of respect, caring, support, effective communication, teamwork & collaboration, accountability and responsibility; practice these values in relation with internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of mission and as required to ensure delivery of consistent high quality services.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred), in Public Health, Health Education, Medicine or related field, or equivalent education and work experience. Medical professionals welcome.
- A minimum of 2 years experience providing health education, preferred.
- Comfort and confidence delivering sexual and reproductive health education classes, and answering related questions.
- Fluency in English (required), language capabilities in Arabic, Farsi, Dari, Greek, and French strongly preferred.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
This position is unpaid. A smart phone (with calling, SMS/text and internet credits) will be provided solely for work purposes. Work-related travel expenses, communication tools (phone and internet access), and meeting expenses will be paid for or reimbursed by The Unmentionables. As this is a short-term, voluntary position, there is no visa support for foreign or local applicants.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your CV / resume and cover letter to Nicole Esligar at firstname.lastname@example.org