Position Title : Site Caretaker
Duty Station : Ritsona
Classification : Ungraded position
Type of Appointment : Special short term contract with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 16th, 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
In the framework of the emergency situation regarding the migrants, asylum seekers and refugees across Greece, IOM Athens is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organisation as soon as possible.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Electrical Engineer, and the direct supervision of the Facility Coordinator, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist with monitoring the condition of the facilities;
- Assist on a daily basis the maintenance works identified;
- Identify and report any potential technical issues;
- Assist in routine inspections;
- Undertake the appropriate and effective use of supplies/stocks and consumables to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss;
- Provide technical specifications for equipment and/or consumables identified as necessary for daily repairs.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma with three years of relevant working experience; College degree in a related field would be considered as an asset.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment;
- At least three years of previous relevant work experience;
- Computer literacy in standard software applications (MS Office, etc)
- Knowledge of electrical maintenance works and/or hydraulics
- Proficiency in English, and Greek.
- Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Creativity and Initiative – proactively develops new ways to solve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – convinces others to share resources
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance management – provide constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Professionalism – Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to the relevant cultural contexts
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Technological Awareness – proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives
1. The position is subject to funding confirmation.
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org email address, quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 18/01 by 16th February, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.