Project: Europe Migration / Balkan Projects
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 month contract (high possibility of indefinite extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centres (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
Carry out all social-related activities and liaise with legal aid actors, in order to ease the patient’s situation, to maximize his/her adherence to treatment and to improve his/her psychosocial condition.
- Participate to the holistic care of the patients in the MSF clinic by identifying the social and legal needs of patients through a social assessment and in collaboration with legal aid actors,
- Respond to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support and/or refer to other social and legal actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
- Contact patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits, defaulter tracing)
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers. Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipment in order to ensure continuity.
- Mapping and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
- Keep records, statistic and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects.
- Support the referral system of MSF patients to local hospital and private specialists in collaboration with the supervising Medical Doctor.
- Degree in Social Work is essential
- Fluency in Greek (written & oral)
- Very good (written & oral) knowledge of English
- Essential working experience of two years in similar job/ Desirable experience in NGOs.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code «Social Worker Lesbos» in the subject line of the e-mail at: email@example.com
Closing date: 02/03/2018
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted