Closing date: 09 Mar 2018
Who We Are:
Refugee Trauma Initiative (RTI) has been working in Greece since March 2016 to reduce the trauma and enhance the wellbeing of refugees by offering psychosocial support to individuals and families living in refugee camps, and training and supporting volunteers working there. We possess in-depth knowledge of the refugee communities and crisis across Greece. We work towards building resilience and enabling successful transition and ultimate integration into new communities. RTI delivers these aims in partnership with Ethos association.
About the job:
The Social Scientist provides overall support in the development of individualised education and employment plans, and ensures involvement and ongoing commitment of participants to daily educational/vocational activities.
Overall responsible for referrals from/to other organisations and services as well as management of volunteers and inclusion activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of referrals and coordination with relevant organisations Perform best interest assessment interview with participants: needs assessment, skills and education history language level, short/long term goals and current progress
- Ensure social security and cash registration and accompany when needed to public services
- Develop and monitor together with each participant their individual integration plan
- Provide guidance and support to participants in planning and maintaining their individual commitment
- Liaise with education actors to ensure school enrolment and accompany/transport if needed
- Contribute to workshops and inclusion activities that promote social integration
- Provide a professional employability, job matching and career counseling service
- Link and build relationships with employers networks and groups that hold relevant employment opportunities
- Contribute to the development of proposals and project related activities
- Maintain a management system, case notes, electronic file and records ensuring a high standard documentation
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program according to relevant SOP
- Management of interns and volunteers
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Works closely with hosted individuals, Ethos caretakers, psychologists, partners and volunteers
- Well organized, structured and self-disciplined
- Technical diploma or degree in social work
- Minimum of 2 year experience in social work or case management in the refugee context of N. Greece
- At least 5 years work experience with youth and minorities in Greece
- Personal qualities: Very strong interpersonal skills, network-builder, flexible, team player, excellen time-management skills, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural environment
- Fluency in English and Greek
40 hours/week; possible travelling to different administrative authorities or shelters where individuals are hosted.
Our team is our greatest resource and the key to fulfilling our project. We are committed to attracting talented, skilled, and productive people by offering a hospitable, challenging, and supportive work environment.
|How to apply:
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Application Job Title. All applications should be accompanied by a cover letter and a CV with telephone and email contacts.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.