Call for CVs GR 18/35 Child Protection
Position Title : Child Protection
Duty Station : Various Locations across Greece
Classification : Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment : Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
In the framework of the emergency situation regarding the migrants, asylum seekers and refugees across Greece, IOM Greece is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organisation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Project Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Identify the unaccompanied children and undertake a multi-disciplinary age assessment and use of the best interest assessment;
• Conduct needs assessments with unaccompanied and separated children from different communities to identify their needs, and recommend necessary interventions;
• Ensure that the best interest of the child is upheld and that the best interest assessment/determination includes family tracing and family assessment activities as prerequisites for any potential return;
• Perform initial individual and where appropriate family’s needs assessment;
• Conduct regular individual and group counselling for children in need, and provide referrals to psychologist if necessary;
• Prepare case reports and statistics and submit to relevant IOM teams;
• Inform about child rights and ensure that the right to be heard is upheld;
• Undertake other duties as assigned.
• Undertake duty travel as requested.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Pedagogical studies preferably a bachelor degree or higher grade from an accredited institution with at least 3 years’ experience in working with children or high school degree from an accredited institution with 5 years of relevant work experience
• Capacity to develop and supervise quality control/assurance mechanisms in mental health activities.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Good level of computer literacy.
• Awareness of refugee issues.
• Ability to work under difficult conditions.
• Undertake any duty travel as needed.
• Proficiency in English, and Greek. Knowledge of Arabic, Farsi, Dari, Kurmanji or Sorani would be considered as an asset
• Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism
• Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
• Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
• Creativity and Initiative – pro actively develops new ways to solve problems
• Leadership and Negotiation – convinces others to share resources
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Performance management – provide constructive feedback to colleagues
• Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
• Professionalism – Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to the relevant cultural contexts
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
• Technological Awareness – pro actively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
• Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
• Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners
• Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives
1. The position is subject to funding confirmation.
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to email@example.com email address, quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 18/35, referring to this advertisement. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.