Project: MSF Europe Migration/Balkan Projects
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (possibility of indefinite extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision-making processes.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the networking process with authorities, NGOs and voluntaries groups (in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration on board and within the project environment.
- Education: Essential University Degree in International Relations / Administration / Humanitarian Affairs and related fields.
- Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
- Languages: English language essential, Greek is an asset
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential (word, excel)
- Security management, stress management, results orientation, teamwork, flexibility commitment to MSF principles
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to the following email address, quoting reference code «Project Coordinator Assistant» in the subject line of the e-mail: email@example.com
Closing Date: 19/07/2018
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted