Call for CVs GR 18/36 Educators
Position Title : Educators
Duty Station : Various Locations across Greece
Classification : Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment : Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
Reporting directly to the Field Coordinator the incumbent will have to provide general counselling and support to unaccompanied minors; he/she will be assigned to and support the immediate referral of children in need. He/she will work closely with the project coordinator in line with the project.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Designing and implementing educational programs and enhancing teaching activities
• Designing educational and entertainment programs for productive spirit cultivation
• Observe and monitor minors during play activities.
• Keep individual records, including daily observations and information about activities.
• Assist and/or instruct children in health and personal habits.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent or higher) in Early Childhood Education, Pedagogy, Child Care Services Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
• High school degree/certificate with two years of relevant professional experience.
• Familiar with direct assistance to migrants and/or refugees;• Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment;
• Proficient use of commonly used IT equipment and the appropriate software solutions.
• At least two years of previous relevant work experience;
• Experience in an international environment;
• Computer literacy in standard software applications (MS Office, etc)
Fluency in English and Greek is required.
• Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism
• Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
• Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
• Creativity and Initiative – pro actively develops new ways to solve problems
• Leadership and Negotiation – provides constructive feedback to colleagues
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
• Professionalism – Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to the relevant cultural contexts
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
• Technological Awareness – pro actively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
• Effectively applies knowledge of health issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level
• Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work
• Previous working experience with children is an advantage
• Background working with refugees or migrants will be a distinct advantage
1. The position is subject to funding confirmation.
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to email@example.com email address, quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 18/36, referring to this advertisement.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.