Closing date: 01 Oct 2018
Position: IsraAID Lesvos Project manager
Contract type: Full-time employment
Location: Lesvos, Greece
Starting date: Immediate,
Duration: 3 months, with an option to extend to a yearly contract.
Report to: Country Director
- Based in Mytilini (Living in Mytilini)
- Paid (Full Time)
- Must be permitted to work in Greece
- Greek and English Reading and writing a MUST
IsraAID is looking for a Project manager for the organization’s emergency response in Lesvos, Greece.
This position is an exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience in non-profit project management and lead innovative grass-roots activities in the field. The ideal candidate will combine experience in humanitarian aid and management/administration, and have a passion for working in development settings.
IsraAID is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian aid agency dedicated to supporting populations in crisis while providing long-term sustainable programming and solutions. Founded in 2001, the organization has responded to crises in over 40 countries around the world. Today, its operations span lays across 18 countries, providing support in different areas of expertise; WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene), PSS (Psychosocial Support), Medical response and more.
IsraAID’s Emergency Response team arrived on Lesvos in 2015, providing medical and psycho-social support to asylum seekers as well as local communities. Today, IsraAID’s medical team covers landings on the northern shoreline of the island and provides weekend clinic hours in the Kara Tepe refugee camp. IsraAID also runs the School of Peace in partnership with the Israeli Hashomer Hatzair youth movement, providing mother tongue education for 180 refugee children in Arabic, Farsi, Kurdish, and Congolese French.
Country vision and Strategy
- Provide leadership and coordination in the implementation of IsraAID’s programming in line with the country’s strategic plan, and carry out methodological and technical support to ensure use of participatory methodologies, human rights and social exclusion frameworks.
- Oversee the dissemination of IsraAID’s mission and core values and principles, coordinate and mentor the country programme and its staff in line with the country strategy and philosophy.
- Stay up-to-date on socio-economic and political changes in the country related to IsraAID’s mandate, undertake timely strategic review of IsraAID’s program strategy to respond to a rapidly changing environment.
- Provide on-going support, monitoring and evaluation to IsraAID’s programs and existing projects, coordinate programme reviews, evaluations, and follow up on the implementation of evaluation findings.
- Coordinate the production of timely quality program reports in line with IsraAID’s established policy.
Human Resource Management and Staff Development
- Provide leadership support to IsraAID Lesvos staff and promote best practices in human resources management
- Provide coaching and mentoring advice to staff when necessary and lead initiatives to develop staff capacity
Funding and Grants Management
- Support the team and the Country Director with the production of quality proposals and reports
- Facilitate and coordinate donor visits, donor meetings, discussions and evaluations as necessary
Financial and Administrative Management
- Ensure that all financial and administrative procedures are in accordance with IsraAID’s established policies and maintain the financial and legal integrity of the organization.
- Provide progress and financial reports as required by the government and IsraAID HQ, as well as accountability procedures as required by other organizations.
- Ensure the preparation, accuracy and timely submission of financial reports that comply with grant or contract agreements.
- Check and verify all inventories and promote efficient and effective management of organizational assets, scheduling, and logistics.
Security and Risk Management
- Be fully accountable at country level for emergency and risk management, keeping abreast of all relevant developments in the country, and maintain regular communication with national and international security institutions.
- Develop and maintain appropriate contingency plans for all kinds of emergencies
- Ensure staff are continuously engaged and aligned with IsraAID’s global vision, mission, values, strategic directions and business plan
- Actively contribute to IsraAID’s reputation and role as a national, international and regional organization.
- Maintain regular communication with IsraAID-Israel HQ and other IsraAID branches, as appropriate.
- Provide inputs to IsraAID international activities as and when required, participate in task forces, training courses and conferences.
- Promote IsraAID’s organizational identity, culture and capacity to all stakeholders and partners in Germany and ensure IsraAID remains relevant to the changing humanitarian and development needs in the country.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
· Professionally fluent or native speaker of English and Greek.
· Significant experience in an equivalent position in a development or humanitarian organization.
· Practical experience in program design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation, in line with the needs and challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for programme management.
· Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing complex teams
· Proven ability to work independently in a changing environment
· Substantial experience in the financial management of significant budgets
· Proven expertise of leading in fundraising, seeking and securing new donors, successful proposal writing, management of grants
· IT literate (Microsoft and finance packages).
· Educational background (A PLUS)
· Calm and knows how to manager in a high stress enviorment.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter Oschnitzer@israaid.org
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter (Up to 500 Words) and C.V (NO longer than three pages) To Oschnitzer@israAID.org State Job applicant for Lesvos, Project manager.