Call for CVs GR 18/43
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Reintegration Assistant
Duty Station: Attika Region
Classification: Ungraded position
Type of Appointment: Special short term contract with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: September 21st, 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
In the framework of the ‘’Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration’’, the Reintegration counsellor is responsible to accomplish all the necessary procedures for the successful provision of reintegration assistance to third country nationals who voluntarily return to their country of origin. The Reintegration counsellor has the responsibility to run his/her duties in question as smoothly as possibly, to ensure management quality, cost-effectiveness and transparency in accordance with IOM high standards, with a view to position IOM Office in Greece as the reference organization in administrative programs of such kind.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Perform individual counseling with candidates eligible for the reintegration fund;
2. Assist the candidates in the development of an individual reintegration plan;
3. Assess the capability of the beneficiary to successfully implement his/her reintegration plan in country of origin;
4. Liaise with partners in the countries of origin in view of defining existing and possible reintegration schemes;
5. Assist in designing information materials on the reintegration activities;
6. Undertake other duties as assigned;
7. Undertake duty travel as requested.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Required Qualifications and Experience
1. Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Social Science, Political Science and/or Counselling Psychology;
2. Minimum of two (2) years of relevant working experience, in particular, refugee / migrant field.
1. Master’s Degree / PHD on Social Science / Human Rights is an advantage.
1. Previous experience and/or knowledge on human trafficking and smuggling and child protection is an advantage;
2. Background working with refugees or migrants will be a distinct advantage;
3. Good working knowledge of MS Office.
Fluency in Greek, Arabic and English is required.
1. Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism;
2. Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work;
3. Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills;
4. Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
5. Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues;
6. Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others;
7. Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts.
1. Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
2. Effectively applies knowledge of relevant interpreting discipline.
1. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.