Call for CVs
Reference Number GR 18/32
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Programme Coordinators
Duty Station : Various locations across Greece
Classification : Ungraded
Type of Appointment : Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
In the framework of the emergency situation regarding the migrants, asylum seekers and refugees across Greece, IOM Athens is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organization.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of activities related to the project also providing support in its monitoring and evaluation as well as relations with relevant counterparts.
1. Support the Chief of Mission in the elaboration and implementation of the program activities;
2. Assist the CoM in guiding and supervising Programme staff in accordance with IOM’s procedures and regulations;
3. Monitor and expedite programme implementation through discussions and correspondence with project and technical staff, as well as with government authorities and project partners, and through field and project visits. Analyze project/programme reporting and advise accordingly about potentially required adjustments and emerging complementary opportunities; contribute to the development of new projects/programmes;
4. Supervise project assistant(s), and other staff, deliver continued relevant advices and suggesting remedial actions as deemed essential to the efficient implementation of the Programme;
5. Regular monitoring of Programme outputs through field trips to project implementation sites to ensure that programme objectives are met within the envisaged implementation period;
6. Submit to the CoM progresses reports of activities in the field, reports for the donor, implementing partners and other stakeholders related to ongoing projects/activities, including narrative reports and statistics reflecting Programme results and progresses;
7. Coordinate activities with agencies and organizations providing similar services to the target beneficiary group as well as in liaising with other stakeholders and international organizations in the to meet project objectives;
8. Undertake duty travel relating to project/programme assessment, liaison with counterparts, problem solving, and new project/programme development, as required;
9. In coordination with Resource Management unit provide support in monitoring budget utilizations against planned Programme activities;
10. Support the CoM in identifying new project opportunities consistent with approved programmes and ongoing activities as well as in line with future Mission and/or Regional strategies and plans, including carry out negotiations with potential donors;
11. In close coordination with the CoM attend and Represent IOM at the meetings related to the project; IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
12. Brief the CoM on a regular basis and seek advice on policy or other implementing issues, when necessary;
13. Undertake any other duties as requested.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Environmental Protection or equivalent combined with at least seven years of relevant experience in shelter related activities.
• Experience in liaising with government structures/authorities as well as National and International Organizations will be essential;
• Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point presentation);
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from different multi ethnic and racial backgrounds is essential;
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, with emphasis on ability to communicate and relate to a variety of stakeholders;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills;
• Strong teamwork, ability to work under supervision;
• Knowledge in preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
• Drivers’ license with practical experience required;
Fluency in English and Greek is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism;
• Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work;
• Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills;
• Creativity and Initiative – proactively develops new ways to solve problems;
• Leadership and Negotiation – presents goals as shared interests;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues;
• Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others;
• Professionalism – Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to the relevant cultural contexts;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts;
• Technological Awareness – proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
• Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments;
• Coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures;
• Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other emergency response actors.
1. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
|How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.