Project: MSF Europe Migration/Balkan Projects
Location: Athens – Day Care Center
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
The main objective of this position is to support MSF medical staff and to ensure the provision of high quality medical services.
- Assures the translation between the medical doctor and the patient in his/her mother tongue.
- Ensures that the translation is adequate, neutral, accurate and understandable to all involved parties.
- Supports all the medical activities as well as health promotion activities when needed.
- Accompanies beneficiaries to health and social care facilities as needed to facilitate interpretation and service provision.
- Ensures confidentiality and medical secrecy.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Knowledge of French will be an advantage.
- Previous working experience desirable, with MSF or other NGOs.
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance
Please send your CV in English quoting reference code “Arabic CM Athens Project» in the subject line of the e-mail at: https://msfocs.workable.com/jobs/508804
Closing Date: 18/11/2018
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted