Project: MSF Europe Migrations
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 2 months contract (with high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit.
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. Ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary.
- Supporting the access of patients to other health facilities through our referral system, accompanying patients, liaising with external health actors, and ensuring appropriate follow-up as outlined by the doctors.
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization.
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration.
- Carrying administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. . Fill in all necessary registers and health files, participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorization, etc.)
- Nurse degree/diploma. License to practice.
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Nurse.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or any other NGO`s.
- Desirable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
- Essential Greek and English language.
- Results and Quality Orientation.
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Behavioral Flexibility.
- Commitment to MSF principles.
- Cross-cultural awareness.
- Stress Management.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Health Insurance.
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code «Nurse Chios” in the subject line of the e-mail at: MSFCH-Chios-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
Closing date: 18/11/2018
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted