Closing date: 28 Feb 2019
Duty Station: Ioannina
· The Project officer is responsible for the management of the UNHCR project and for its implementation process in a specific country location, ensuring the achievement of its objectives and results.
· In coordination with the Senior Project Manager support the overall development of the Greece Mission with a strong focus on the assigned location, in accordance with INTERSOS Hellas country strategies, plan and policies
(Hierarchical): Senior Project Manager
· Ensure that the project reach high quality of performance in the region of competence, through the implementation of the organisation’s tools and approaches
· Support the senior project manager in preparing, managing and regularly updating the project activities work plan and related financial plan, ensuring timely and quality implementation in compliance with the defined project strategy as well as INTERSOS and donor guidelines.
· Undertaking regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitoring the progress of project activities.
· Coordinating with logistics, administration and finance units to procure all equipment, supplies and materials required to implement the project activities, ensuring cost efficiency and accountability in compliance with INTERSOS and donor regulations and procedures.
· Act as budget holder for the location of operation and approve expenses in line with the eligibility guidelines and the availability of funds
· Support the senior project manager in preparing periodic project narrative and financial reports as well as other ad hoc reports, according to INTERSOS and donor requirements.
· Supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of the Mission strategy and programme.
· Ensuring the integration of activities with other INTERSOS projects, as well as coordinating with other actors intervening in the same area.
· Representing INTERSOS in relevant thematic working groups as well as other coordination and meetings, as needed
· Promote teamwork and coordination to ensure integration and homogenous quality implementation of the project
· Enhance a positive identity of INTERSOS across the mission
· To build a strong collaborative network among partners and community in the spirit of the participatory approach of INTERSOS program
· Ensure with the support of the Protection Coordinator that all sectors are considering Protection Mainstreaming actions
· Develop and update minimum standards for project implementation across strategies
· Addressing hiring needs of the area of operation
· Managing project staff and promoting role-positioning, education, training, growth and assumption of responsibility.
· Supervising, motivating and appraising project staff, while promoting cohesion.
· In coordination with the Human Resources Unit, carrying out recruitment procedures when needed.
· Training, coordinating and supervising the project staff and evaluating their performance.
· Chair full staff meetings in the area of operation
· Establishing and maintaining collaborative relations with UNHCR , local authorities, partners, project stakeholders and other organizations working in the project areas.
· Proactively participating in all relevant coordination meetings.
· Defining the operating processes required to ensure a proper management of the project (roles, procedures, decision-making, operating processes, working methodologies, etc.).
· Chair the local internal coordination meeting
· Experience (3 years minimum) working in a complex context is required
· Experience working in the Humanitarian Greek context is an asset
· Strong Experience in Project Cycle Management
· Demonstrated experience in managing large team
· Knowledge of proposal development
· Ability to set high standards for quality of work and quick adaptability and flexibility
· Ability to manage human, technical, administrative and financial resources.
· Team management skills.
· Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
· University degree at Masters level of relevant sectors and fields or demonstrated programme management experience
· Excellent written and spoken Greek and English are essential
· Strong team spirit
- Ability to work in partnership with several stakeholders and under stressful conditions.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills
- Ability to delegate and work in team
- Stress management skills: ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach.
- Good computing skills
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the above-mentioned position, please send your CV along with a Cover Letter in English until Thursday, 28/02/2019 to this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed in case of interview appointment.