|Categories: Collaboration Advice Management|
|Function: Coordinator||Job title: Project Coordinator|
|Contract Type: Fixed Term||Place of work: Athens, Greece|
(Hierarchically): Program Coordinator
|Starrting Date: Asap|
|Deadline of Applications: 18th April 2019||Working time in %: 100%|
CALL FOR CVS
Terre des hommes is seeking expression of interest from qualified and committed individuals:
The Project Coordinator position is part of the Tdh Hellas program team, and is in charge of ensuring the quality and timely implementation of the project activities in collaboration with the other team members and partners.
Purpose of Position:
The main purpose of the position is ensuring the quality and timely implementation of the project activities, in collaboration with the other team members and partners and in accordance to the project/s aim and objectives, targets, budgets and methodological frameworks.
As part of Terre des hommes Hellas, s/he will contribute to the quality program delivery, program/projects implementation, impact monitoring and effective budgeting and expenditures in line with the strategic directions of Terre des hommes Hellas.
Main responsibilities :
- Ensure that all project activities are implemented on a timely and quality manner, in accordance with Tdh program standards and in compliance with donor requirements;
- Plan and coordinate the project activities in his/her responsibility in collaboration with project team and partner organizations/institutions
- Regularly monitor and follow up the quality and timely implementation of all activities in the project areas in his/her responsibility
- Serve as a contact person for all communications related to the project activities with, stakeholders, external experts etc and ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results agreed with them.
- Acts as Budget Holder for the project and is responsible for managing the budget in close cooperation with the Finance Staff and PC;
- Has direct supervision of the Senior Protection Officers (3), the MHPSS Coordinator, and tanglible supervision of the appointed field staff such as social workers, psychologists, interpreters, lawyer,M&E Manager etc, while providing on-going support and coaching to ensure their maximum results.
- Prepare periodic reports indicating the progress towards expected results, and propose plans of action, including the revision of the overall budget in case of underspending, while keeping good records on project activities;
- Provide technical support in the area of child protection in the context of migration;
- Provide regular capacity development activities (training, coaching, mentoring, etc.) for service providers at the local and national level;
- Contribute in developing training modules and learning tools for professionals in collaboration with team members and external experts
- Will conduct his/her duties in respect of Child Safeguarding Policy , Global Code of Conduct, Policy on the Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse(PSEA ) and the Convention of the Rights of the Child subscribed by Terre des hommes
- Any other duty as required by Program Coordinator and Head of Southern Europe delegation
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
• Shows integrity and ethical values
• Manages time and priorities, meets deadlines and is punctual
• Shows determination and proactivity
• Shows flexibility, availability and adaptability
• Communicates in a clear, concise and responsible way
• Responds to interlocutors in a constructive way
• Adapts communication to the intercultural environment
– Required at least 5 years of professional experience at management level and of large projects
– Required a Master level education in social sciences, political science or legal studies/ human rights
– Proficiency of written and Spoken English is a must
– Experience of managing large covering different parts of the country projects
– Experience of working with Non-governmental organisations in Greece
– Knowledge and experience of working on migration issues
Terre des hommes provides equal work conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter in English with reference code PC_DRC_2019_022 at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tdh will only consider complete online applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and the interview will be conducted in Greek/English.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer the post before the closing date.