Closing date: 07 Jun 2019
Refugee Trauma Initiative is a start-up charity working in Greece to set a new benchmark in psychosocial support for refugees worldwide. The charity has gained recognition for running identity informed and trauma sensitive programming for young children, their families and young people transitioning to adulthood. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced programme designer with an in-depth understanding of programme design and evaluations. The post is suitable for entrepreneurial individual interested in growing an organisation and creating programmes that can be scaled around the world.
The Head of Programmes will be responsible for programme development and quality benchmark across Greece and expansion of RTI programmes globally. They will lead the programme managers in designing high quality program and ensuring that there is standard programming across all locations in Greece as well as areas of expansion. They will be responsible for developing tools and manuals for all programmes. They will also ensure that there is proper programme integration across the different sectors right from the program design stage. The post holder will also support the capacity development efforts of national NGO partners to ensure quality delivery of programming.
The post holder will play a strategic role in leading the effective scale up and management of RTI’s programmes and to increase impact and enable positive change for refugee families and young people.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Experience of working within a management role within complex context and programmes.
· Managing a young team with different needs.
· Managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes.
· Training staff in participation and accountability approaches.
· Setting up monitoring & evaluation systems in large complex programmes.
· Setting up learning and development processes including trainings and workshops.
· Ability to mentor and coach.
· Experience of representation in a variety of settings.
· Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with donors and other relevant parties.
· Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports.
· Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level.
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
· A high level of written and spoken English.
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in a difficult working context.
· Commitment to the aims and principles of RTI.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· In-depth understanding of early childhood and youth work.
· Education to MSc/MA level in Psychology, Social work or Education.
· At least 3 years’ experience of programme design.
· Experience of team management.
· Excellent command of English both written and spoken.
· Experience of writing programme guidelines, manuals.
· Commitment to, thorough understanding of coaching and mentoring a team.
HOW TO APPLY:
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Please send your CV and Motivation Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th June 2019.
if you want to learn more about us visit our website www.refugeetrauma.org