Mosaik Support Center for Refugees and Locals was founded in June 2016 to provide a space of warmth, safety and community for the most vulnerable populations on Lesvos. Built on principles of solidarity, integration and empowerment, Mosaik joins refugees and locals in a common struggle against policies of exclusion and attrition at the EU border and offers them a sustainable structure to support their resolve to live with dignity. Bringing together over 300 students aged 4 to 89, from 20 countries, Mosaik offers language courses in English and Greek, computer literacy classes, legal support for asylum applicants, vocational training in arts and crafts, upcycling workshops, music and dance classes and cultural events supported by artists, activists and organizations from across the world.
Mosaik is looking to employ a part-time media and public relations specialist.
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, platform determination, messaging and audience identification.
- Maintain Mosaik’s Facebook and web page; generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML).
- Be responsible for communications through the Mosaik media e-mail address.
- Collaborate with other departments (education, workshops) to coordinate actions and draft press releases for significant events; coordinate with other PR actors on the island (especially PIKPA PR).
- Promote events; design and print posters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Write, format and publicise monthly newsletters; collaborate with fundraising department to design donation pitches; format and publicize annual reports.
- Build connections with journalists and other media actors for the purpose of increasing Mosaik’s visibility as well as publicising the situation on the island more generally.
- Harvest and share migration-related information pertaining to the island, Greece and Europe in collaboration with other information platforms and networks.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Attend weekly coordination meetings; report to the coordination team.
- Proven working experience in social media or as a digital media specialist
- Working or volunteering experience in fields related to migration and solidarity.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience.
- Adequate knowledge of web design and web development.
- Positive attitude, detail and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability
- Fluency in English.
- Graphic design experience.
- Proficiency in Greek.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Eligible applicants will receive an invitation to interview with us in late July 2019.
The job opening will close on 19 July 2019.