Mosaik Support Center for Refugees and Locals was founded in June 2016 to provide a space of warmth, safety and community for the most vulnerable populations on Lesvos. Built on principles of solidarity, integration and empowerment, Mosaik joins refugees and locals in a common struggle against policies of exclusion and attrition at the EU border and offers them a sustainable structure to support their resolve to live with dignity.
Bringing together over 300 students aged 4 to 89, from 20 countries, Mosaik offers language courses in English and Greek, computer literacy classes, legal support for asylum applicants, vocational training in arts and crafts, upcycling workshops, music and dance classes and cultural events supported by artists, activists and organizations from across the world.
Mosaik is looking to employ a full-time fundraiser to help secure funds to cover the project’s operational expenses.
- Raise funds for our cause and regularly meet or surpass fundraising targets
- Identify potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them.
- Submit at least 4 grant proposals to potential donors monthly.
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for our organization.
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities
- Collaborate with the PR department in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers and interns related to event planning and execution
- Collaborate with the PR department to create marketing materials, like flyers, brochures and newsletters to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising pushes.
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications.
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities.
- Respond to fundraising department’s Mosaik e-mail address.
- Be prepared to travel for fundraising tours.
- Attend weekly coordination meetings; report to the coordination team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exemplary communication abilities and outgoing, yet poised personality
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- At least 2 years of fundraising experience
- Quick thinker and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Fluency in English (proficiency in Greek preferable)
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligible applicants will receive an invitation to interview with us in late July 2019.
The job opening will close on 19 July 2019.