SolidarityNow is composed of a network of people and organizations, and its main goal of action is to provide help and support to all those who have been most affected by the economic recession and the humanitarian crisis. Since 2013, SolidarityNow has allocated 14.4 million euros to support a total of 73 programs, 45 of which cover society at large, while 10 million euros have been allocated to implement 25 programs to combat the immigration and refugee crises. SolidarityNow works with over 70 organizations and supports civil society organizations and public bodies that work in Greece to implement programs. The main donors of the organization include: UNHCR, EU, UNICEF, CARE, EEA Grants, Norwegian Embassy in Greece, etc. Our goal is to contribute to recovering the vision of a strong Europe based on solidarity and open values, by providing services to local, as well as immigrant populations.
Job title: Educational Officer (Primary School Teacher or Math/Science Teacher)
Status: Part Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
Level 3 The job holder will have regular contact with children
- Provide classes per the refugee population needs
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum, targeting and addressing the needs of different age groups of children, teenagers and adults
- Provide homework support for the children who attend formal education
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs
- Update and maintain effective workplans
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Support educational, recreational and various activities
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate access to available aid
- Excellent Greek and English
- At least Bachelor degree in Primary education or Mathematics/Physical Sciences
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural communities
- Experience engaging with parents and communities in order to improve attendance and address students’ needs
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in the management of educational programs and mainly primary education
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Educational Officer Andravida”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by Friday, July 28th, 2019.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.