KMOP – Social Action and Innovation Center is an NGO with more than 40 years of accumulated experience in the provision of services to disadvantaged groups. KMOP’s main areas of expertise include social welfare, health, mental health and wellbeing, employability, education and skill development, human rights protection, migration and gender discrimination. Apart from direct provision of services through decentralised community based facilities, counseling and educational services, KMOP is also active in scientific research and in the provision of capacity building to public authorities and CSOs. KMOP is currently active in six counties: Greece, Albania, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Moldavia and Serbia.
We are looking for an experienced professional to join KMOP’s research team in our offices in Kifissia, to translate our learners’ development needs to engaging educational courses. Educational Specialist’s responsibilities include a) selecting appropriate instructional methods and preparing training materials in physical and digital formats, b) identify the performance, skills, knowledge, information and attitude gaps of a targeted audience and create, select and/or suggest learning experiences to fill this gap, and c) offer training to (typically adult) beneficiaries of KMOP’s activities.
- Conduct desk and field research to identify and assess skills and knowledge gaps among different groups of learners.
- Design detailed educational curricula (incl. modules, duration, learning objectives, learning outcomes, assessment criteria etc.).
- Organize physical and digital resources for instructors and trainees.
- Manage organization’s online learning platform (incl. collecting, reviewing and digitalizing and uploading education material).
- Deliver e-learning courses, workshops and other trainings.
- Provide manuals and guidelines on ways to use online training material.
- Provide templates and guidelines for the development of engaging educational content to non-experts.
- Review and provide feedback on education/ training content developed by non-experts.
- Create engaging training course content (incl. videos, quizzes and activities) that can enhance retention and learning processes, matching learning objectives and expected outcomes.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.).
- Identify and apply modern educational methods (e.g. gamification).
- Develop assessment instruments to measure learners’ performance and to monitor/evaluate training program’s effectiveness.
- Coordinate organization’s training activities.
- Coordinate accreditation process for selected educational material and approval/ verification of educational material from relevant authorities when needed.
- Excellent academic background, including a bachelor’s and master’s degree (a PhD will be considered as an asset) in Education, Instructional Design or relevant fields.
- Proven working experience as Educational Material Developer, Educator or similar role.
- Certified adult trainer.
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs.
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories, instructional designing models and training methods.
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with e-learning platforms and practices.
- Ability to conduct research and produce relevant reports.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals.
- Excellent command of English.
- Proficient in MS Office.
All applications will be treated as confidential.
Please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org .