|Position in the Organization|
|Generic Function: Specialist/Officer||Job Title: Lead Training Officer x 1 / Training Officer x 2|
|Job Family: PROG/TR||Employee Name/Surname:|
|Reports to (direct report): Project Manager||Reports to (technically): MHPSS Supervisor|
|Salary level: 4||Working time: 100%|
|Supervises (number of subordinates):
Direct: 0 Indirect: 0
|Work location: Epirus, Central Macedonia, Eastern Macedonia & Thrace, Thessaly, Western Greece, Central Greece and Attica|
|General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)|
|The trainer is responsible for the preparation of training agendas and materials, and the delivery and co-delivery of Child Protection and Child Safeguarding trainings and workshops to specialized and non-specialized front-line staff who operate in open accommodation facilities across Greece. They will additionally run self-protection sessions for children. Activities will cover up to 7 geographic locations: Epirus, Central Macedonia, Eastern Macedonia & Thrace, Thessaly, Western Greece, Central Greece and Attica. Depending on size of sites and geography, it is anticipated that trainers will cover between 6 to 9 sites each.
S/he will collaborate closely with the project coordinator and targeted actors regarding the scheduling of the trainings, the training agenda and with the MHPSS supervisor regarding the training material. The candidate will have good knowledge of child protection and child safeguarding with a practical background in implementing child protection interventions. In addition, they must have experience of delivering training to adults and children, strong communication skills and the ability to adapt trainings to suit different audiences.
|Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)|
1. Support the MHPSS supervisor to design trainings and develop training materials
2. Support the project coordinator to schedule and plan trainings and coordinate with other actors
3. Adequately prepare to conduct each session ahead of time (prepare PowerPoint presentations, accompanying material and handouts etc., as needed)
4. Share all final training material developed (PowerPoint presentations, handouts, etc.) with supervisors
5. Be informed of the profile of the participants, and be able to adapt the curriculum and training style accordingly if needed, to maximize engagement
6. Show cultural sensitivity and acceptance of different cultures and backgrounds, and adapt training style (e.g. examples or illustrations provided) accordingly
7. Make sure prior to the trainings that all relevant material (flipchart, markers, projector, screen, etc.) are in place
8. Collect attendance sheets and feedback forms from participants, following the completion of each session in close collaboration with the M & E coordinator
9. Conduct the training sessions and answer any questions that may arise, looking up any new information if needed
10. Communicate and collaborate with the project coordinator, to collectively identify, address and resolve any risks or challenges during the implementation
11. Be able to show flexibility with regards to the structure and/or schedule of the training, the location of the training etc.
12. Prepare a narrative report of the training sessions based in the format agreed before
13. Support with new training assessments as required
14. Comply with Tdh Global Code of Conduct (GCC) and all operational risk management policies: Child Safeguarding; Whistle Blowing Policy, Anti-Fraud and Corruption Policy as well as with the Security Plan of the organization.
15. Report any violations of the GCC, Child Safeguarding Policy, Fraud and Corruption, Security via the established internal reporting procedures ensuring confidentiality at all stages.
16. Adhere to Tdh Finance, Procurement and Transport procedures, and Staff Regulations.
17. Commit to observe discretion on any information related to the organization functioning and related issues.
18. Support management to identify security risks related to project implementation.
19. Extensive travelling will be required.
20. Perform other duties as required.
| This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC).
In particular: (maximum 5)
1. Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals PSLC
2. Communicates in a clear, concise and responsible way PSLC
3. Shares knowledge TMC
4. Creates trust links with interlocutors PSLC
5. Contributes to the evaluation of competencies PSLC
|As well as the following specific “Professional” competencies:
*Reference Document: Professional competencies framework (PC / CMe) defined by every department separately
1. Effectively communicates and coordinates with other actors
2. Effectively collaborates with other departments to achieve desired project inputs and outputs
3. Exhibits strong understanding and expertise in child protection and child safeguarding
4. Effectively shares technical knowledge with others
5. Demonstrates self-motivation, initiative and ability to work independently when required
6. Able to produce high-quality work to tight deadlines.
|Requirements for the position|
|Education / Qualifications||Honours qualification from an accredited educational institution in social work, psychology, education or other related field;
|Experience||Minimum 2 years’ training experience;
Previous experience in the field of child protection and safeguarding,
Background in child protection social work, human rights and / or work in the refugee context would be an advantage;
Knowledge of current training trends;
Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner;
Capacity to lead and facilitate training events and deliver training content
Ability to communicate skills and experience to others as a trainer;
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
|Languages||Excellent oral and written skills in Greek and high level of English required;|
|IT Knowledge||Fully conversant with usual IT tools.|
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter in English with reference code Trainer_2019_030 at: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications | 20 August 2019