Location: Sindos and Thessaloniki
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: 6 hours contract with a possibility of an extension to full time
Length: Six months with an option to extend
IsraAID Hellas, a non profit Hellenic organisation, works with refugees, asylum seekers and migrants helping them to overcome trauma, learn languages, cope and strengthen their wellbeing and resilience. IsraAID Hellas works in two main areas, Thessaloniki and Lesvos.
Sindos Community Centre provides classes and activities for the refugee community in Sindos. One of our primary goals is to support the refugees as they start to build their lives in Greece and assimilate with the local community. We recognise that this is a challenging and complex process and seek to provide a programme of support, that will help the refugees to learn the language, find work, settle into school and create a social network within the local Greek community.
We are looking for a reliable Integration Officer to join our team.
The role of the Integration Officer will be to support individual refugees and families with their integration into life in Greece. The Officer will be based between Sindos Community Centre and our offices in central Thessaloniki. The Officer’s key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Development of a bespoke integration plan for each beneficiary, based on the educational and cultural activities provided at the Centre. This is included but not limited to language proficiency, cultural assimilation, professional development and social networking
- Develop reports and progress trackers for each beneficiary, to measure their progress against set goals related to the plan
- Arrange regular meetings with the beneficiaries to track progress and handle any issues.
- Coordinate with the beneficiaries’ case management teams to optimise adherence to the plan and address any issues
- For adults and minors, development of an employment plan for the individuals, mapping their skills and interests and ensuring they have the necessary documentation, knowledge and awareness to enter the workplace. Working with the beneficiaries to identify potential vocations in Greece
- For children, establishing and maintaining regular contact with kindergarten and school teachers to track academic and social progress
- Provide regular reports and feedback to the Project Manager on each case, assessing progress on a regular basis and flagging/mitigating any issues
- University Degree in Social Work or Psychology
- Excellent written and spoken Greek and English
- Proven experience as a social worker, case worker or other position working with the refugee community
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organised, effective time management
- Passionate and dedicated to the needs of this community
- Strong ethical values and discipline
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- An awareness and understanding of the main issues that affect refugees, asylum seekers and migrants
IsraAID Hellas requests potential candidates to send a CV and a cover letter mentioning ‘Integration Officer – Sindos Community Centre’ in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a written reply.
To Apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org