If you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English accompanied by a Cover Letter, to: email@example.com until 23/09/2019.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Social Worker is responsible for ensuring PoCs wellbeing. The Social worker supports the Asylum Seekers and other beneficiaries and ensures the best possible case management experience and the achievement of beneficiary’s self-sufficiency. The Social Worker develops individual and/or self-sufficiency plans to match individual needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of services and resources. The Social Worker operates under close supervision with moderate latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
The Social Worker is specifically responsible to identify and document cases, identify needed support and develop an action plan, ensure the follow up and monitoring visits and referral according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
He/she is expected to be honest and transparent and keep the necessary level of confidentiality on information acquired on the job.
Management and Program Quality
- Operate within a rights-based approach, respecting AGD and ensure that all activities done are within a protection centred environment
- Ensure referral pathways are followed smoothly.
- Carry out initial vulnerability assessments and identify client needs.
- Providing individualized counselling, orientations and support beneficiaries through service referrals, medical access in collaboration with CSW-CwC and advocacy services by assessing and evaluating each client’s distinct needs.
- Independently developing reasonable individual and/or self-sufficiency plans and timelines for each beneficiary and managing beneficiaries’ expectations.
- Support beneficiaries with direct assistance distribution and tracking.
- Ensuring that beneficiaries are provided with the basic tools necessary to meet their established short-term goals and objectives.
- Assessing and monitoring beneficiary progress at regular intervals to ensure progress on goals is made; designated resources are maximized; modifying initial plans and other case file documents as required.
- Ensuring compliance with case management and reporting requirements; including timely data entry in hard-copy files and databases, respecting data protection policy.
- Comply with all protection policies, procedures and protocols of INTERSOS.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide regular progress reports to Senior Social Worker, Protection Manager and Protection Coordinator when asked.
- Provide necessary data as requested so as to facilitate external reporting.
- Compile weekly/monthly data reporting or as often is requested.
Finance and Administration
- Comply with all established procedures for financial management
- Follow administration procedures.
Human Resources and Personnel Management
Ensure the creation and maintaining of respectful and positive working relationships, which allow for the effective implementation of all activities.
Participate in smooth communication within the team and with other supporting entities.
Logistics and Procurement
Follow all procedures applicable to all staff
Maintain relations with relevant focal points in relation to specific case management matters, under the supervision of the coordinator.
Perform other tasks and duties as required in order to ensure a correct implementation of project activities
- Commitment to humanitarian principles
- Flexible and adjustable personality
- Stress management
- Service oriented
- Team player
Education and past experience
- Licenced Social Worker
- Desirable at least 1 year experience working as a Social Worker
- Past experience in the Humanitarian Field will be highly valued
- Native Greek speaker, good command in English both written and verbal
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed in case of interview appointment.