ORGANISATION: GENERATION 2.0 RED
JOB VACANCY: Employability Officer
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
ABOUT GENERATION 2.0 RED
Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity is a nonprofit organisation consisted of people with different origins who work together to promote equal participation in a diverse society, through the empowerment of communities.
We combine action and research, aiming to promote human rights, equality and diversity, fight racism, xenophobia and discrimination in general. As an organisation, we have over 10 years of experience in social action, sociological & legal research, project management and cultural events. We participate and cooperate with the largest human rights networks in Greece and Europe, claiming the rights of socially vulnerable groups, regardless of their origin, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
At Generation 2.0 RED, we believe very much in the empowerment of people that comes through skills development and knowledge on Greek labor market & work culture and as well through the awareness of one’s own labor rights. In order to be in position of providing high-standard services to people who are in search of a new career path in Greece and who are also of a migrant or refugee background, we are currently seeking a talented and dynamic Employability Officer to join the team and contribute to the goals and vision of the department and of the organisation in general.
The role is a mix of individual counselling in Greek, English & preferably in French, of trainings & all the various activities that consist the service and help us support in a holistic way the people who come to us.
If you are passionate about communicating with different cultures, and your vision is a diverse society with equal opportunities for everyone;
if your greatest strength are your interpersonal skills and your empathy, with focus on vulnerable populations, and if, as well, you take pride in your problem-solving and organisational skills, then come and join our diverse team!
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment, where new and innovative ideas are welcomed and attention to detail and quality work is highly appreciated. The role demands excellent language skills, relevant work experience in the humanitarian field, very good organisational and presentation skills and a team-spirit mentality.
- Provide individual career counselling sessions to refugees, asylum seekers and migrants with respect to the values of the organisation and in accordance with the service’s plan
- Provide prompt resolution on beneficiary’s career-related difficulties and barriers
- Provide the grounds for beneficiaries to be empowered and motivated to look actively for solutions
- Ensure that communication is documented regularly for reporting purposes
- Serve as a liaison with formal educational institutes and public services, if needed
- Facilitate job readiness and soft skills trainings on a weekly basis
- Support the Diversity in the Workplace Network https://g2red.org/facilitating-access-work-vulnerable-populations-athens/ with proper job matching
- Refer beneficiaries to other organisations for services not provided by Generation 2.0 RED
- Stay up-to-date with existing or upcoming job or educational opportunities
- Design and facilitate workshops and seminars in a manner that meets participants’ needs and contributes to change
- Be creative with projects’ and ideas’ generation for further development of the service
- Prepare highly demanding reports on a monthly basis and upon request
- A Master’s Degree in Career Counselling and/or a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology/Human Resources/Social Work
- At least 2 years work experience as a Career Counsellor, Therapist, HR Officer or Social Worker; work experience with populations of diverse cultural backgrounds will be highly appreciated
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Greek
- Excellent command of spoken and written French (would be an advantage)
- Knowledge of the Greek labor market, trends, labor rights and procedures in Greece
- Good command of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and familiarity with social media
- High professional ethics
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills with respect to different cultures
- A positive approach and empathy
- Excellent organisational skills and time-management skills
- Very good presentation and mentoring skills
- Good research and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and result-orientation
- Commitment to constant improvement of the service
- Adaptability and good problem-solving skills in challenging and tricky situations
- Excellent team-working skills in a diverse environment
Please send your CV and a motivational letter at firstname.lastname@example.org with the indication “Vacancy: Employability Officer” until 12/11/2019.
Previous candidates are encouraged to re-apply.
The CVs will be assessed by G2RED regardless of your origin, religion, ethnicity or any other characteristics, as always.