Requisition ID: req6859
Job Title: Mental Health Caseworker_ Samos
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of individuals and families, develop action/therapeutic plans, deliver direct service provision, referrals and follow ups for an assigned case load;
- Offering information, support and advocacy to individuals and families, including escorting them if necessary to relevant services;
- Recommending the best course of action for a particular person or family based on their needs;
- Liaising with, and making referrals to, other agencies and conduct follow ups to assess progress;
- Updating mapping of services regularly;
- Ensuring effective working relations with the Public Services and other actors related to the interventions;
- Working in close collaboration with MHPSS and other IRC colleagues;
- Participating in multidisciplinary teams, case conferences, working groups, ad hoc workshops and thematic trainings when required;
- Maintaining accurate and secured records and update them in a timely manner;
- Communicating regularly with the MHPSS team and if relevant, with other protection staff, for updates on achievements and challenges;
- Participating in MHPSS trainings, supervision and team meetings;
- Contributing to the development of and facilitation of proposed activities in relation to psycho-social support and increased well-being of the target population; such activities may include groups of psycho-social support and/or psychoeducation sessions;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Technical diploma or degree in social work, psychology or a related mental health field;
- Minimum of 2 year experience in social work or case management in Greece, preferably with mental health patients and institutions;
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of working with a refugee or migrant population;
- Understanding of mental health and psycho-social issues;
- Knowledge of standard legal procedures;
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, well organized, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Fluency in English and Greek;
- Experience working at international development programs highly desirable.
- Valid driving license and experience in driving.
TRAVEL: Travel will be expected to/from sites of program implementation, and the office, as needed.