The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation. Its mission is to accompany, to serve and to advocate for refugees and forcibly displaced people.
JRS programmes are found in 50 countries, providing assistance to refugees in camps and cities, individuals displaced within their own countries, asylum seekers in cities, and to those held in detention centres. The main areas of work are in the field of education, emergency assistance, healthcare, livelihood activities and social services.
JRS Greece was established in November 2015 and its action is focused on vulnerable people. To promote the social inclusion and integration of refugees and other forced migrants in Greece, JRS engages in projects that support people from the moment of their first arrival and accompanies them in a process towards self-sufficiency and full participation in their new home societies. JRS Greece manages three Centres in the heart of Athens: the Women Day Centre, the Hub Community, and the Pedro Arrupe Centre. JRS Greece also supports the urban neighbourhoods of Athens through the distribution of non-food items (NFIs).
Within the framework of this action, JRS – Greece is recruiting a Psychologist for a part time position (20 hours per week).
The Psychologist reports to the JRS Greece Director and will be responsible for the following tasks:
Pedro Arrupe Center:
- If it is necessary, participate in Arrupe meetings;
- Design and lead short or long-term interventions focused on mental health & well-being, for the students and families referred by the Arrupe Coordinator;
- If it is necessary, participation in the team evaluation, about the individual evolution of each student;
- Analyse cases, suggest solutions and refer when relevant to specialized psychology or psychiatry institutions, with the Arrupe Team;
- Keep files and follow-up each student /families welcomed.
Women Day Centre:
- Receive in her office all women in need who are registrate in the Day Centre;
- Design and lead short or long-term interventions focused on mental health and well-being, for the women who need psychology accompaniment;
- Analyse cases, suggest solutions and refer when relevant to specialized psychology or psychiatry institutions, with the JRS Team.
- S/he has regular meeting with the members of the JRS Coordinators (coordinators team).
- S/he has regular meeting with the members of the JRS Team (all the JRS workers and volunteers).
- S/he has regular meeting with the JRS Director and if it’s need should be present in other meetings.
- Collaborate with JRS staff.
- Collaborate with volunteers and value their presence.
Qualifications and Experience
The post-holder will have the following essential experiences, skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Permission to work in Greece.
- University studies in Psychology with a recognized qualification.
- Experience in a similar position.
- Experience working with children.
- Experience of teamwork.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Team spirit, initiative and organization.
- A positive, constructive attitude to meeting challenges, solving problems and identifying opportunities.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously in a busy office environment and to meet deadlines.
Core Values and Ethics
- Real flexibility in the mission.
- High integrity and honesty.
- Field experience with refugees, migrants or vulnerable social groups desirable.
- A positive, constructive attitude to meeting challenges, solving problems and identifying opportunities, managing and containing stress.
- Adherence to and wish to participate in the mission of JRS Greece: Accompany, Serve, Advocate.
- Sense of relational complexities and awareness of confidentiality issues.
- Sense of discretion.
- Adherence to the JRS code of conduct and child protection policy.
- Ability to speak and write fluently and compellingly in Greek and English.
- Working knowledge of additional languages, it’s a plus.
Terms of appointment:
- This is a part time position (20 hours per week).
If you believe you can contribute to our work please send us your resume, along with a cover letter explaining why you believe you are the person for the job on email@example.com