Project: MSF Balkan Mission/ Lesvos Projects
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home.
Carry out all social-related activities, in order to improve the patient’s situation, to maximize his/her adherence to treatment and to improve his/her psychosocial condition.
- Identifying social needs of patients through a social assessment.
- Responding to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as transport, food, legal advice, etc.) and/or refer to other social actors in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
- Contacting patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed.
- Participating in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers.
- Take care of social services facilities, materials, and equipment in order to ensure continuity.
- Mapping and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
- Keeping records, statistics, and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects.
- Education: University Degree essential, preferably in Social Work or similar Sciences.
- Experience: Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGOs.
- Languages: Essential Greek and English.
- Competencies: Commitment to MSF’s Principles; Behavioural Flexibility; Stress Management; Results and Quality Orientation; Service Orientation; Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code “Case Worker Lesvos”
in the subject line of the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 27/01/2020
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted