Terre des hommes is seeking expression of interest from qualified and committed individuals:
|Category: Collaboration Consultant Management|
|Name of the position: Finance/Admin/HR Assistant
|Contract Type: National, Fixed Term Contract||Starting Date: 16th of March 2020|
|Activity rate: 100% (full time)||Deadline Applications:
21st February 2020
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. With offices in 30 countries around the globe, Tdh delivers assistance to three million children each year.
In Greece, since 2016, Tdh has been providing an integrated child protection response ensuring access of asylum seeking refugee children and youth to safe, dignified care solutions through case management, protective accommodation, legal assistance, mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), and life skills.
Tdh is working with the Greek civil society in order to strengthen and support the social services and safety nets that prevent children becoming vulnerable.
The Finance/Admin/HR Assistant assists the various services of the Tdh coordination office in their finance, administration and HR tasks and is in charge of petty cash for coordination office.
· Preparing bank transfers in timely manner, check payments, statements and deposits. Prepares and submits monthly SAGA report to his/her line supervisor for validation.
· Prepare payment vouchers and update day to day accounting entries (into the SAGA system) and conducts the proper use of Tdh project expenditures in conformity to all Tdh and donor financial procedures.
· Cooperation with the accountant and deliver Bank/Cash books/invoices once a month.
· Supporting in financial donors reports according to project and donor requirements
· Preparation of reconciliations on a daily/weekly basis and filling.
· Good knowledge of the Budget follow up methodology per project.
· Petty Cash administration, ensuring vouchers are properly supported. The count and reconciliation function will be conducted by the post holder and his/her supervisor or a third person.
· Performs financial controls in books prepared in base, advances, and expenditures in order to reflect Tdh procedures, including reconciliation of balances in SAGA (in accordance with Tdh Finance Manual) database with cashbox sheets. Reports any abnormalities to his/her line management.
· Supports in statutory and donor audits execution within the frameworks time and with the best quality.
· Perform other duties as required by management related to Tdh finance activities.
· Translate data from Greek into English and from English into Greek on request of various departments and by approval of the finance manager: invoices, purchase file, contracts.
· Acts as the HR focal point in coordination office for Tdh staff. Assist with reports on general HR activity (Attendance Tracker or similar).
· Maintain digital and electronic records of employees regarding social insurance, income tax, timesheets and any other relevant personnel data in cooperation with HR Coordinator.
· Assist with the recruitment process, and schedule meetings and interviews.
· Process payroll and resolve any payroll errors.
· In charge of processing travel requests for Tdh staff such as flight booking and internal travel.
· Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory in collaboration with logistics department.
· Greeting all guests visiting the office with a professional attitude and schedule meetings, interviews, events and other similar activities.
· Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
· University degree or higher in Finance/Accounting/Economics, Business administration.
· 1 year experience in similar position is desirable
· Experience in similar position in the humanitarian aid/development sector is desirable
· Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Fluent in Greek.
· Excellent command of Microsoft office, including advanced use of Excel.
· Ability to work in an inter-cultural environment
Terre des hommes provides equal work conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter in English with reference code 2020_011_ADM at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tdh will only consider complete online applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and the interview will be conducted in Greek/English.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer the post before the closing date.