Call for CVs GR 20/38 Integration Monitor
Position Title: Integration Monitor
Duty Station: Athens, Greece
Classification: Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment: Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
In the framework of the emergency situation regarding the migrants, asylum seekers and refugees across Greece, IOM Greece is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organisation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Project Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Project Assistants (Integration), the main duties of the Integration Monitors will be:
• Monitor the integration progress of beneficiaries through one-on-one sessions;
• Assess potential protective and risk factors of individuals and families facing difficulties (personal resilience, shared belief systems, social support networks, etc.);
• Provide information on welfare rights, housing, access to health care services and education, etc.;
• Develop a rapid needs assessment of the psychosocial needs of children, youth and their families;
• Prepare case reports and statistics;
• Conduct referrals to other actors for cases in need of specialized further treatment;
• Coordinate with other actors and relevant authorities to ensure that beneficiaries’ needs are met;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree and/or higher in Social Work, Psychology or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
• At least 2 years of previous relevant work experience;
• Membership of the Association of Greek Social Workers would be an advantage;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision;
• Good level of computer literacy;
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and keep deadlines;
• Strong work ethics and commitment to humanitarian principles;
• Ability to work under difficult conditions.
Fluency in English and Greek is required
1. Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism;
2. Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work;
3. Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills;
4. Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
5. Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues;
6. Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others;
7. Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts.
• Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
• Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners
• Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives
• Drivers’ license with practical experience required.
1. The position is subject to funding confirmation.
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
3. Appointment will be subject to the provision of the relevant to the position degree(s), professional licenses and/or criminal record certificate.
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to email@example.com email address, quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 20/38 by 16th February, 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Posting Period: 05.02.2020-16.02.2020