Timetable: February 2015 – April 2016
Project manager: Greek Council for Refugees, Greece
Countries of implementation: Greece
Support: Supported by a grant from the SolidarityNet Foundation
Aim: The purpose of this grant is to maintain and enlarge GCR’s provision of legal and psycho-social aid in the region of Thessaloniki.
Activities: In particular GCR’s team in Thessaloniki will execute the following activities:
– Provision of legal information and counseling on the asylum procedure and issues of integration
– Provision of psycho-social support and counseling to vulnerable refugees
– Provision of interpretation services
– Interview and assessment of cases
– Representation before first instance asylum committees and courts
– Provision of counseling to detained asylum seekers, refugees and victims of racist violence
– Documentation and promotion of interventions and successes made, as well as of institutional problems faced
Moreover, the team will cooperate with local stakeholders and authorities as well, in order to promote and advocate refugee rights in coordination with GCR advocacy strategy.
Results: The outcome of the project is that an increased number of asylum seekers and recognized refugees in Thessaloniki have access to legal and social services. It is expected that 2.000 persons will benefit during the project period.