The European Parliament offers the opportunity to undertake translation training placements to applicants who have obtained a secondary-school leaving certificate corresponding to the level required for entry to university or who have followed a higher or technical course of study to an equivalent level.
Such placements are intended in particular for applicants who are required to complete a training placement as part of their course of study.
Applicants for a translation training placement must:
- be nationals of a Member State of the European Union or a candidate country;
- be aged 18 or over on the traineeship start date;
- have a perfect knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union or the official language of a candidate country and a thorough knowledge of two other official languages of the European Union;
- not have been awarded any other traineeship or have been in paid employment for more than four consecutive weeks at the expense of the European Union budget.
Translation training placements are located in Luxembourg and they are awarded for a period of between one and three months.
Exceptionally, they may be extended for a maximum period of three months.
Training placement periods and the corresponding deadlines for applications:
- Start of training placement: 1 January
Application period: 15 June – 15 August (midnight)
- Start of training placement: 1 April
Application period: 15 September -15 November (midnight)
- Start of training placement: 1 July
Application period: 15 December – 15 February (midnight)
- Start of training placement: 1 October
Application period: 15 March – 15 May (midnight)
Trainees will receive a monthly allowance. By way of indication, in 2016 the allowance amounts to EUR 307,20
For more information follow the link: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/atyourservice/en/20150201PVL00047/Traineeships