Call for CVs GR 18/27 Community Support Workers
Position Title : Community Support Workers
Duty Station : Various Locations across Greece
Classification : Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment : Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
In the context of the emergency situation related to the migrants across Greece, IOM Athens is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organization.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Carry out mapping of all existing public national/local services and care providers (i.e. health, social and legal actors) and ensure that migrants have all relevant necessary information;
2. Promote effective access of all migrants’ resident in the site to public national/local services and care providers;
3. Coordinate protection actors in the site and ensure case management;
4. Promote continuous assessment and identification of vulnerable cases among refugees and migrants and guarantee proper follow up;
5. Follow up and monitor active cases;
6. Ensure the provision of care to all refugees and migrants in line with IOM standards.
7. Ensure the confidentiality of personal information of the migrants and refugees.
8. Mobilize the community to engage in various community based activities with the objective to create a harmonic environment to live in: community meetings, maintenance/cleaning teams, focus groups, recreational/occupational activities.
9. Mobilize the community and create a diverse environment with equal opportunities and participation of all members within it.
10. Assist with the integration of residents with local communities and facilitate their familiarization in the local context that is getting access to local services/markets.
11. Undertake other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Social/Political Sciences, Psychology and/or Law from an accredited Institution, or any other related field, with at least 1 year’ experience in community work;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Good level of computer literacy.
• Willingness to work under difficult conditions.
Fluency in English and Greek is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and other;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
• Effectively applies knowledge of health issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level;
• Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work.
1. The position is subject to funding confirmation.
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org email address, quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 18/27, referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.