The newly established Vienna Doctoral School of Historical and Cultural Studies (SHCS) invites applications from excellent doctoral candidates who intend to pursue their PhD in a vibrant, international academic environment at the University of Vienna.
Currently, the SHCS comprises 80 faculty members and 230 doctoral students. It offers a unique combination of a broad range of interrelated programs in historical and cultural studies (see more at SHCS.univie.ac.at) and provides well structured support and top level specialist supervision to enhance your excellence in research and provide you with outstanding international visibility.
We invite applications for one of our seven research clusters to begin your doctoral studies in the Winter Semester 2020.
- Ancient, Byzantine and Medieval Studies
- East European and Eurasian Studies
- Archeology and Material Culture
- Art History and Visual Culture
- Social and Economic Spaces
- State, Politics, Governance in Historical Perspective
- Women’s and Gender History
Applications will be accepted until June 5th, 2020.