Contract type: Paid, full-time
Starting date: Asap
Location: Lesvos, Greece
Duration: End of the year with the possibility to extend
Background of the Organization:
IsraAID is a leading humanitarian non-governmental organisation, committed to providing life-saving emergency relief and durable solutions for populations affected by natural disasters, epidemics and post-conflict situations. IsraAID team arrived at Lesvos early September 2015 for a relief mission and a needs assessment, aimed at identifying both short- and long-term needs of the asylum seekers population in Greece. Since 2019 IsraAID team is managing a community-based education centre outside Moria refugees camp. Focusing on education and protection for children and adults.
Strategic Programmatic Development
- Lead, together with the staff and partners, and under supervision of Country Director, strategic planning of programs in Lesvos and resources required for their implementation;
- Identify needs and gaps in sectorial and geographical programmatic response in Lesvos and explore subsequent programmatic opportunities for IsraAID Hellas;
- Actively participate in development of program proposals related to activities in Lesvos
- Constantly review, update and complete programmatic protocols and ensure that program planning and implementation are conducted in accordance with core ethics of intervention;
- Ensure the gradual and effective capacity development in program implementation of all programmatic staff;
- Review the monitoring and evaluation process for the effective and ethical implementation of programs;
- Strengthen and maintain effective planning and reporting mechanisms within the office to ensure smooth implementation of programs across sectors and locations;
- Provide regular reports on program activities to the CD and relevant HQ departments
Financial and Operational Management
- Effectively monitor budget implementation against programmatic targets
- Ensure financial documentation is consistent with IsraAID and donor requirements, reporting is up to date and submitted to Country management on time
- Adhere to administrative, logistics and finance protocols and guidelines and ensure they all correspond to international standards;
- Develop, together with the staff, their personal professional development plan.
- Monitor, evaluate and asses the team members performance
- Continuously reinforce existing international and national partnerships;
- Maintain regular contacts with the relevant governmental authorities, the donor community, the diplomatic community, the humanitarian community, and partners
- Serve as focal point for working with implementing partners, community and other partners in Lesvos
Ethics and compliance:
- Ensure understanding of and commitment to the following principles: cultural sensitivity, local ownership, sustainability, inclusiveness, local partnership, non-discriminatory, do-no-harm, and apolitical approach; codes of conduct against sexual exploitation and abuse; and against child exploitation and modern slavery;
- Commitment to abide by IsraAID’s and UN’s codes of conducts and principles.
- Commitment to abide by IsraAID’s security policy
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Professionally fluent or native speaker of English;
- Significant experience in an equivalent position in a development or humanitarian organisation;
- Practical experience working in the field of education, protection, refugees and community empowerment.
- Practical experience in program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial management and budgets;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing complex teams;
- Proven ability to work independently in a changing environment;
- Proven expertise of leading in fundraising, seeking and securing new donors, successful proposal writing, management of grants;
- IT literate (G Suite, Microsoft and finance packages).
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org