TITLE: Admin & HR Officer
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6 months (renewable)
WHO WE ARE
Refugee Trauma Initiative is an NGO working in Greece to provide trauma-sensitive, identity- informed psychosocial programming for young refugee children and their families, and for refugee and local youth, all while working to set a new benchmark in psychosocial support for refugees worldwide.
RTI supports two main lines of psychosocial and educational programming: Baytna, which targets young refugee children with specialized early childhood development (ECD) programming; and Dinami, which targets refugee and local youth with skills-building interventions built around a project-based learning (PBL) approach. In addition, RTI provides ad hoc training and capacity-building support to local NGO partners.
The role will ensure effective project management support for the organisation’s administration, logistics and human resources, consistent with RTI’s values and legislation.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
General Administration and logistics:
● Manage and develop logistics, operations, and procurement processes, including inventory lists, event logistics, and ensuring cost-effective service contracts
● Develop and maintain efficient and accurate administration filing systems
● Responsible for ensuring effective and efficient operation of the office (including furniture and equipment).
● Support managing the info@ email address
● Arrange travel and accommodation for staff and visitors.
● Provide written translation of documents and materials and verbal translation, as needed.
● Manage and liaise with external contacts, e.g. suppliers.
● Support information management, information technology, and related systems
● Any other related duties as may be required
● Support provided to all RTI staff including the Director
● Support the recruitment and induction processes following HR policies (e.g. reference checks, academic and experience certificates, onboarding, orientation)
● Supports the development of a positive and welcoming organisational culture
● Support initiatives which monitor and improve staff satisfaction, wellbeing, and retention
● Upholds RTI’s values with staff, partners, donors and official bodies.
● Provide support to RTI non-Greek staff as and when needed
● Maintain accurate records pertaining to staff, consultants, interns and/or volunteers
● Ensure policies are implemented and staff issues addressed appropriately in line with the labour law.
● Monitor and update policies and procedures, and take initiative to suggest and implement improvements
● Support programmes to conduct exit interviews with appropriate documentation and ensure a smooth exit procedure.
● Set-up and refine feedback mechanisms for staff, such as 360-degree reviews
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Greek and English (required).
● Minimum 2-year experience in project management, administrative, or operational support functions.
● Computer literate with a high degree of proficiency and productivity, especially in Microsoft Excel
● Excellent attention to detail, organisational and project management skills
● Enthusiastic and positive attitude, and a team player
● Enjoys working in culturally and linguistically diverse teams.
● Ability to self-motivate, and to work independently and proactively.
● Discretion with confidential information.
● Strong analytical and information gathering skills.
● Innovative, solution-orientated and brings new ideas.
● Passionate about the mission of RTI
● Experience using Microsoft Sharepoint
● Experience working in the humanitarian sector, and/or for a start-up or grassroots organisation
● A degree in Business, Administration, Logistics or relevant field of study.
● Valid driver’s license
● Additional languages
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your application to email@example.com quoting “Admin position” the latest on the 14th August.
All applications should be accompanied by a Cover Letter and a CV.
EU Citizens only. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.