IOM Greece Call for CVs
Reference Number : CFCV GR 20/207
Position Title : Project Assistant – Integration
Duty Station : Athens, Greece
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Ungraded Contract
Closing Date : 18 November 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
IOM Greece through the pilot project Hellenic Integration Support for Beneficiaries of International Protection – HELIOS aims at promoting a two-way integration of beneficiaries of international protection (refugees and beneficiaries of subsidiary protection) into the Greek society through the provision of integration courses, the support for independent living, including rental subsidies, activities for employability support, activities for the sensitization of the host community and integration monitoring.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Project Coordinator or his/her designate and the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator-Integration, the incumbent will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate and oversee on a daily basis the work of the Integration Monitors;
2. Organize the workload, provide guidance and instructions to the Integration Monitors;
3. Support the creation of tools and procedures to ensure the provision of quality services and monitoring of the Integration support activities;
4. Support the monitoring of the quality of Integration activities through physical verification, project Means of Verification, visits and report to the Project Coordinator-Integration, as required;
5. Collect, verify and update of data and Means of Verification;
6. Ensure that a properly equipped and safe working environment is available for the Integration Monitors in the Integration Learning Centers;
7. Support the communication with other project components, IOM departments and other relevant actors to ensure timely and efficient provision of the Integration component activities;
8. Timely submission of reports and any other necessary information to the Project Coordinator Integration;
9. Support the implementation of standard operating procedures and project regulations, as developed in the framework of the project;
10. Represent the project in relevant meetings and/or Working Groups;
11. Collaborate with other project components and IOM departments;
12. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Business or Public Administration, Psychology, Social Work, Political Science, Law and any other related field from an accredited academic institution with minimum three years of work experience.
• Master’s degree in above fields will be considered an advantage.
Experience and Skills
• At least three years of previous work experience;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision;
• Excellent level of computer literacy;
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and keep deadlines;
• Strong work ethics and commitment to humanitarian principles;
• Willingness to work under difficult conditions;
• Valid driver’s license with at least five years driving experience required.
Fluency in English and Greek is required.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Appointment will be subject to the provision of requirements relevant to the position including academic degree(s), professional licenses, criminal record certificate and declaration of relatives in the Organization.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Greece will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a cover letter and CV in English by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org , specifying the vacancy reference number CFCV GR 20/207 in the subject line.
Due to the volume of applications received, IOM Greece Human Resources will not be able to respond to all inquiries about the application status and will only contact shortlisted candidates.