Terre des hommes is seeking expression of interest from qualified and committed individuals:
|Name of the position: Human Resources Officer (HR Officer)|
|Location: Athens||Contract Type: National, Fixed Term Contract|
|Starting Date: ASAP||Reports to: HR Manager|
|Supervises (Number of subordinates):
Direct: 1 Indirect: 0
|Working time in %: 100|
|Deadline for applications: 24/01/2021|
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 60 years; defending their rights regardless of their race, creed or political affiliation.
In over 40 countries, Tdh protects children against exploitation and violence, improves children’s and their mother’s health and provides emergency psychological and material support in humanitarian crises.
In Greece, Tdh has been working through partners since 2006 and has directly provided integrated child protection and youth services (case management, shelter, MHPSS, education and life-skills, etc.) since March 2016.
The overall goal of Tdh’s continued interventions in Greece is to improve the protective environment for at risk children and youth and enhance their resilience.
Tdh Hellas is seeking to recruit one HR Officer, who will be based in Tdh Athens offices.
The HR Officer will be supporting/involved in the overall HR activities of the mission.
She/he will be contributing to a wide array of HR tasks and activities such as recruitment, maintenance of records, payroll preparation, staff care/safety and other.
She/he will be actively participating in the development/review of policies and guidelines when/if needed, in close collaboration with the HR Manager.
The HR Officer will be working under the direct line management of the HR Manager and will be working closely with the latter, as well as with the HR/Admin/Fin Coordinator.
· Support in the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems;
· Be actively involved in the recruitment process by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and assisting in the hiring process (scheduling and participating in interviews etc.);
· Involved in the HR briefing of new staff, induction to internal policies and HR and administrative procedures;
· Contribute to the preparation of on-boarding documents (contracts etc);
· Liaise with the Finance and Admin team to ensure proper registration of all new staff in the system;
· Involved in the verification of the payroll process;
· Involved in the development and organization of trainings and development programs;
· Assist in the organization of performance management processes;
· Maintain up to date all employee records (attendance, timesheets, trainings, appraisals etc.) according to policy and legal requirements and maintain relevant databases updated;
· Maintain hard copy and electronic records of employees regarding social insurance, income tax, and any other relevant personnel data;
· Involved in monitoring / planning / follow-up of staff care aspects (Occupational doctor, private insurance etc.);
· Involved in Reporting activities;
· Other Administrative/HR tasks such as monitoring office rotations, preparing certificates when needed etc;
· Assist in internal/external audits, if/when needed (gathering relevant documentation);
· Direct supervision of the office cleaning employee;
· Perform other duties as per the needs of the HR department.
· BSc/BA in business administration, social or HR studies or relevant field;
· At least 2 years of working experience in a similar position is required;
· Experience in similar position in the humanitarian aid/development sector is an added value;
· Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other relevant position;
· Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.);
· Understanding of local labor laws and disciplinary procedures;
· Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Strong ethics and reliability;
· Commitment to workplace confidentiality;
· Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies;
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented;
· Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines;
· Able to work independently and quickly adapt;
· Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Fluent in Greek;
· Excellent command of Microsoft office, including advanced use of Excel.
Terre des hommes provides equal work conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter in English with reference code ΗRofficer_2021 at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tdh will only consider complete online applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and the interview will be conducted in Greek/English.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer the post before the closing date.