CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Reference Number : GRCFA21-169
Position Title : Regional Information Officer
Duty Station : Athens, Greece
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Ungraded Contract
Closing Date : 07 May 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Project Coordinator of the Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) / Open Centre for Migrants registered for Assisted Voluntary Return & Reintegration (OCAVRR) programmes in Greece and the direct supervision of the Regional Operations Coordinator, the successful candidate will support AVRR/ OCAVRR project activities in liaising with partners and government counterparts as well as provision of information, information management and reporting.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide AVRR Information to third country nationals by telephone or face to face.
2. Distribute information material regarding the AVRR/OCAVRR project activities to local authorities and other relevant stakeholders.
3. Provide AVRR Information to third country nationals by telephone for face to face.
4. Distribute information material regarding the AVRR/OCAVRR Project to local authorities and other relevant stakeholders.
5. Liaise with national and local authorities in order to proceed with the return of third country nationals that are interested in registering to the respective programme.
6. Establish and maintain strong and regular liaison with the Project/Programme partners such as governmental and non-governmental authorities, diplomatic agencies as well as coordination of the activities, facilitating access to the project’s results.
7. Submit daily written reports in the required IOM templates to IOM Athens main office on activities and other information, as required.
8. Monitor and operate IOM’s Migrant Management Operational System Application (MIMOSA) on movement activities and update the Mission’s tracking lists on a regular basis.
9. Undertake other duty travel within and outside the region as may be required by project activities, in close coordination with the supervisor.
10. Perform monitoring visits to Eleonas, Skaramagas, Schisto, Malakasa, Ritsona, Oinofita, Thiva, Thermopiles, Lavrio and other locations as may be required by project activities.
11. Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University Degree in Social Science, Political Science and Psychology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant work experience; or
• High school graduate with three years of relevant work experience.
Experience and Skills
• Experience working in a similar role preferred;
• Familiar with direct assistance to migrants and/or refugees;
• Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment;
• Computer literacy in standard software applications;
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to keep deadlines.
Fluency in English and Greek is required (oral and written); Knowledge of Urdu, Arabic and/or Farsi preferred.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Appointment will be subject to the provision of requirements relevant to the position including academic degree(s), professional licenses, criminal record certificate and declaration of relatives in the Organization.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Greece will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a cover letter, CV and a completed Personal History Form in English by email to: GRHRAPPLY@iom.int , specifying the vacancy reference number GRCFA21-169 and full name in the subject line.
Please click this link to access the Personal History Form (four pages).
Due to the volume of applications received, IOM Greece Human Resources will not be able to respond to all inquiries about the application status and will only contact shortlisted candidates.
From 23 April 2021 to 07 May 2021