Job title: Youth Worker Traineeship
Team / Programme: DINAMI
Contract Length: 6 months
Contract type: Full-time / National contract
Refugee Trauma Initiative (RTI) was founded in 2016 to address the complex and growing psychological needs of refugees who are dealing with the emotional fall-out of violence and forced displacement. Our mission is to provide trauma-informed psychosocial support to refugee families in Greece, helping them to heal from difficult experiences and rebuild their lives. We work to provide identity and trauma-informed programming in partnership with local organisations.
Dinami meaning ‘power’ in Greek is a youth programme that bring together young people from ages 14-25 to participate in creative, skills building youth projects like film, theatre, sports, arts. The progammes are a way for young people who are refugees and asylum seekers in Greece to connect, make friends and be in community with other young people who had similar life experience as well as making friends with Greek young people. At the same time as learning new skills, Dinami is also a space to support young people who may have had difficult life experiences to have fun, relax and learn some coping tools that help group members wellbeing for example tools to help our body and minds to feel more safe and calm.
For more information on Dinami programmes visit our website: https://www.refugeetrauma.org/dinami-youthempowerment
The role holder will be supported to have detailed understanding of RTI’s Child and Vulnerable Adults Safeguarding and protection Policy as they will be involved in programmes for children and vulnerable groups.
The Youth Worker Trainee will be trained to contribute to the operations and facilitation of the “Dinami” Youth program. The program is designed to train and empower young people with an interest and passion for youth work to become future leaders in the field and support them to address relevant issues in their community.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Assisting with various aspects of the planning and implementation of activities.
• Support the Dinami team with workshops, including facilitating icebreaker exercises.
• Supporting community-based educational, social, recreational programs for the participants.
• Finding potential new guest experts and facilitators.
• Researching possible places for our projects.
• Communication with event and project applicants and participants.
• Updating, editing, and production of event materials (participant lists, resources etc.).
• Preparation of social media materials.
• Taking notes in course and workshop sessions and preparing internal reports following the events.
• Contribute to other tasks and projects as assigned by the Dinami Program Lead.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Able to work in Greece immediately
• Able to work flexible hours (normal working hours are 9-5 but some projects might run into the evenings or take place on weekends)
• Speak good level of English
• Fluent Dari/Farsi speaker (seeking a youth trainee from Afghanistan)
• Ability to speak Greek is an asset
• Able to work in a team
• Able to complete different tasks and respect processes and confidentiality
• Able to solve problems, transfer knowledge and develop new skills
• Attend all important trainings
Skills and Behaviors:
• Energetic, motivated and committed to learning new skills and trying new experiences.
• Listening skills and a non-judgmental attitude towards our young participants.
• Ability to work with professionalism and have boundaries with the participants (who may be the same age).
• Personal qualities: Team player, responsive, flexible, able to handle stress and tension effectively and to work within a culturally and linguistically diverse team.
❑ RTI offers Psychological Support Fund for its employees and are eligible to apply after the end of the probation period.
❑ RTI offers reflective supervision to all staff
❑ Opportunity to work in a judgement free environment
❑ Flexible working schedule to attend language or computer classes
❑ Legal advice
How to Apply:
Please apply by emailing:
1. Your CV
2. Your Cover letter addressing the below questions in no more than 1 A4 page or a Video (max 6 minutes) outlining:
1) Why you want to work with RTI?
2) What does psychosocial support mean to you?
3) 3 skills you have that will be useful when working as a trainee youth facilitator
4) One idea you have for a Dinami project
to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Youth Traineeship” in the subject line.
The deadline is Sunday the 26th of September 2021, but early applications are encouraged.